Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New, old guy here and yes it\'s a new K5

Everyones back ordered on pipes any ideas. Yosh 3-4 weeks / apoc 3 weeks / mind you I don't wanta remover a ti exhasut and install something heavery like the cat in a differnt post thats crazy.

I read a question about the cub from yosh vs the PC3 usb, the cube for the K5 is still about 4-5 weeks off the shelf. PC3 are out.

I just got the .45mm head gasket from yosh with some black rear sets and some SS1 cams. As soon as I have 1000 miles on this pig I post the pictures of the motor mods. And yes this is what I do buy new bikes with nothing wrong ride them and then open'em up.

Nice site.

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Re: New, old guy here and yes it\'s a new K5

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get your bike OTD for and where?

·
Registered
151 Posts

i love this pipe sound is deep and my first micron....good performance also....have had yosh..d&d...and hindle really like this one

·
Banned
7,214 Posts

i love this pipe sound is deep and my first micron....good performance also....have had yosh..d&d...and hindle really like this one
IMO, with all the excess power that this bike makes stock, pipe choices should come down to what looks and sounds the best on the bike. Just my opinon.

I like the way the Micron comes up along side the tail, and is in line with the tail. To me, that looks dam good.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts

I thought I could be happy with the stocker for a while (I've only had my K5 for about 8 days now), but I really think I'm about ready to chuck the thing and mount up a Yosh slip-on.

Now I just have to figure out if I want a TRS or TRC.

·
Registered
202 Posts

The micron is good but I have the Yosh full system on mine and it seems the Micron is a bit long and almost seems to go past the tail of the bike.Livin you mentioned you just got rear sets?? From Yosh?? I didn't think they were available for the 05' 1000 yet

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

ok, talked to steve at Yosh R&D today. My TRC carbon / ti pipe will be here wednesday. He knows our second race is sat in baytown, TX.

Really funny he said excess power.. Sorry I have never heard of that. This thing in stock trim is a puppy dog. I guess I could explain, My last project puts down 448 hp the the rear wheel. 8.20 @ 181 in the 1/4 mile @ 60 inches. I just love to ride and race so horse power is kinda my work and hobby.

Today started looking at possible areas to clean up on the head, casting marks, and maybe just a little exhaust work this head is very nice. Anyway it's late but i just thought about this site before bedtime to leave an update.

nite

1 - 10 of 10 Posts