Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ripping out my 1216 and putting it in my dragbike. Thinking about replacing it with a 1176 with 88 750 head. Want to try putting a 88-89 750 6 speed in it. I know that the 6 speed is weaker than the 5 but plan on borrowing the dry clutch from my wifes 86 ltd. That should make the clutch the weak link and it should slip brfore the tranny explodes. Just a idea and would put a wet lutch on her LTD. I just love the sound of her dry clutch. Any ideas from you guys?
Bones

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yeah, I'd have to break your fingers if you pilfered my dry clutch...your wife must really love you...or she doesn't know!!!

Sounds like a good plan, though!!

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
I be tempted to get it blueprinted while out, something like a sportbike undercut from MRE or the like. Ensure that everything is as good as you can make it in the first place. They also make extra heavy duty 2nd gears and 5th for the 1100 - maybe the same for the 750 cluster???

I'd also have a really good eyeball of the cases around the tranny to see if you could run a couple of high pressure oil jets (-2 line) and mount to spew all over 2nd and 6th (I'd guess).

Also, a good time to change the cushions in the rear wheel and if you've lowered the gearing, maybe hike it back up a bit to lower the driving force at the bottom end.

Whatever you can do to preserve the beast and still have the fun of that extra gear.

·
Registered
434 Posts
might want to email robbynitroz in holland they have done that particular conversion and can probably advise. doug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts