Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
Just joined the site,i'm in the UK,got a 2002 GSX-R 1000.
The bike has been in my ownership for approximately 10 years but have not been used for a few years.
I've just cleaned out the tank and fuel pump.
Next is rebuilding the front calipers as the pistons were a bit stuck.
Then it's new tyres,chain and sprockets,change all fluids and filters.
It's going to be a slow process during the winter,hopefully without too many hiccups.
Anyhow,thanks for letting me join the site.

·
Registered
2006 GSX-R 600
2 Posts
Hello, I am new to the forum as well I just bought my brothers 2006 GSXR 600 with 24k miles for $500.00!!! He gave me the family discount. I obviously couldn’t pass it up. It doesn’t run yet, but I know all it needs is a fuel pump (I put started fluid down the intakes and it started) and the tank has minor rust from sitting in his garage since 2016. I too will be replacing the brakes (front and rear). I also will be replacing the stator cover, clutch lever, chain/sprockets and rear tire hugger. I will eventually be replacing the entire body with a new all black fairing kit.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
Welcome. It sounds like you have a good plan. It looks like the regulator needs to be moved still on your bike. Since that was not done I would wonder if the master cylinder recall needs to be done too? Was there a recall on the 06?

·
Registered
2006 GSX-R 600
2 Posts
Welcome. It sounds like you have a good plan. It looks like the regulator needs to be moved still on your bike. Since that was not done I would wonder if the master cylinder recall needs to be done too? Was there a recall on the 06?
Thanks everyone.

Yeah, I've read somewhere that they can overheat in that location, so I will be getting that done. Because I purchased this so unexpectedly just last week, I am not aware of any recalls yet. Definitely something to look into. I've also found a bad SET valve actuator. I will be replacing it or removing it all together. Haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for welcoming me to the site.
I haven't got any pictures at the moment as the bike is in bits,all fairings are off it as are the wheels.
I'll get some pictures up as soon as it's a bit more complete again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts