Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning/ Evening all. My name is Nick, I live in the West Midlands. I’ve been riding since I was 16 I’m now 33 so if my maths is correct I’ve been a bike for 17 years or so. I’ve just purchased a k1 GSXR 600 which I’m picking up this week. This is going to be a project bike for me. It has been streetfightered and will need a fair amount of work to get road worth and up to scratch. This is not my first Gixer in my 17 years riding. This will be my third. I had a GSXR 400 GK76A when I was 19 which I adored as with most favourite bikes regret selling. Then 18 months ago I had a k5 GSXR1000 which again was awesome and I regret selling. I went the way of naked bikes for comfort but recently decided I wanted a 600 as a project and toy.

I look forward to saying hello to everyone and I hope you will all be able to help me with some info here and there.

Please see below my GSXR 400 and my GSX1000 K5. I will post pics of my 600 when I collect it.

Thanks

Nick

Attachments

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
West Midlands? I had to google it. I was actually in Coventry for a conference 15-ish years ago.
Getting a K6 1K and selling it without enjoying her for a few years? Unforgivable!!!* :cursing

Welcome mate :cheers

* inside joke

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
West Midlands? I had to google it. I was actually in Coventry for a conference 15-ish years ago.
Getting a K6 1K and selling it without enjoying her for a few years? Unforgivable!!!* :cursing

Welcome mate :cheers

* inside joke
Thanks for the welcome... my misses had just got into riding and was riding around on a Honda Grom... which didn't suit me to well on the 1000 so I swapped for a naked.... the naked was ok but it wasn't the gixxer!

Welcome! I'm not sure which one I'd regret more, the 1000 or the 400!
I regretted the 400 for years! I was eager to follow my mates onto 600/750s so rushed out got a ZXR750 and regretted selling the 400 ever since!

Welcome spiderug400, nice bikes, look forward to seeing your project, hope you enjoy
Thanks, I'll post up as soon as I can.

Many Regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
8you4t
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing