Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. My name is Javier, I'm 17 and I currently reside in Miami. Not to new to riding. I've been riding dirtbikes for the past 5 years or so and have had the opportunity to ride my friends '03 GXR-600 a few times. I dont own a bike yet, but within the next year or so I plan on purchasing one. I also plan on taking different levels of the MSF course over this summer, to become a better rider before I purchase my first bike.
I read all the stickys before posting and each one added a little more to my rider knowledge and made me think a little deeper into certaint aspects of owning a motorcycle.
Hope to enjoy my stay at the boards. ^_^

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Welcome to GDC!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
welcome to the GDC club

my recommendation is to read as much information about motorcycle in general. also, do your research before you purchase your bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha Good to be here. And MG no need to worry about me reading a lot of info. I'm like a sponge.
www.UpOnOne.com
Thats a pretty cool site right there with great vids. I'm sure most of you guys have seen it already though. But for those who havent!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome javier,
it's good to hear that you will be taking the MSF course, i can't stress how helpful that course is. mi nombre tambien es javier soy boriqua (puertoriqueno) de boston
hasta luego

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Welcome to GDC!! Keep us up to date on what you buy. And don't forget the most important rule, as soon as you buy your bike, POST PICS!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yo soy cuban y jamacan. The ladies love it haha

Everyone tells me the MSF course is very helpful, but I've been riding a while. If I dont get anythong out of it, atleast I get my Licence and insurance waivers! lol

Well, since I've been riding a while, and Im semi familiar with the Gixxer600, I was lookin at that, or maybe a 750. I'll keep you guys posted though. I gotta wait till I graduate before I do anything. So 1 year this Time I will have it for sure.
But for now, you will have pleanty of pics of me on my friends dirtbike and Gixxer600.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Fucking A dude. You don't understand how awesome it is to see someone actually wanting to learn the right way. KUDOS TO YOU!

MSF course is A W E S O M E.

Be safe, wear gear, have fun.

Of all the people who think they "have a good head on their shoulders" and can handle big bikes for first bikes, they are wrong.

This guy is the perfect example of having a good head on your shoulders. He is taking the MSF course, being safe, has some experience, and wants to learn the right way.

Awesome man, have fun, feel free to ask questions, look forward to hearing from you again.

-Jon

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hahaha No need to tell me to wear gear. I had a friend get hit with only a helmet on 1 block from his house doing about 20mph. He had just got the bike and offered me a ride around his block. Good thing I didnt go because he didnt have another helmet. A Car goes thru the intersection (Ran the light) and hits him. About 2 months in th hosipital. Really bad Road Rash and the helmet cracked. His head was fine though. ^_^

I must say, for a while I wanted a 1k, but I dont need all that. Especially seeing as I love speed. I'd kill myself in a week. haha j/k, but yea a 1k seems a little too much for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts