Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

Well, I made the plunge and picked up a new Black/Silver K5 1000 last Wed. and was out looking for some good sights for info on the bike and happened across here. Read a few posts and thought it felt like home.

You will all have to forgive me but I'm a cruiser convert. I still have my 04 Orange/Silver Victory Vegas but I'm not sure for how long after riding my new gixxer! The K5 has flat out got to be the most fun you can have with your clothes on.
I think the Vegas is getting a little jealous. Hasn't been ridin in close to two weeks!

Anways, I just thought I would jump in and say hey. Oh, and if there are any Central Florida members readin this, I'm always up for a ride!

Later....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Xerces! I'm new myself but there is a lot of information in these threads. The Vegas is a nice bike btw. Are you going to keep it?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Xerces! I'm new myself but there is a lot of information in these threads. The Vegas is a nice bike btw. Are you going to keep it?
Hey Hamilton,

Hmmm.... that is a question everytime I get on the gixxer.
Its a tough call, both are awsome bikes in their own rights. I live in Clearwater, FL and do like takin trips up and down the coast line from St. Petersburg to up north a ways BUT the speed limit for most of that trip is anywhere between 35 - 45 mph and going those speeds on the gixxer just doesn't seem right, if ya know what I mean. On the other hand, that is the perfect speed for a cruiser to just "cruise". The vegas is no slouch for a 666lbs wet and stretched bike but there is no comparison.

I am rather shocked at how comfortable the gixxer is for me compared to my Vegas too. My ass ALWAYS got soar within a matter of an hour but I have had ZERO pain riding the gixxer. I love the way the seat is tappered too. Fits my 6'+ 220lbs body just fine while sitting in some of the super long stop lights around here.

Anways, thanks for the welcome and hope you can get rid of your yamaha (yeah, had already read a few of your other posts). If you do end up going with a K5, you won't regret it!

Cal

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Welcome to the revolution !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ------ <font color="red">GDC</font>

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the revolution !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ------ <font color="red">GDC</font>
Man, do I hear that! I can never look at bikes the same again after this one.

Thanks for the "Welcome"!

Cal

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
As everyone else has said...........

Congrats and Welcome to GDC!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
welcome to the GDC club and the cross over.

I'll keep the old girl and have the new girl to play with from time to time.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
welcome to the GDC club and the cross over.

I'll keep the old girl and have the new girl to play with from time to time.
Yeah, that's what me thinks.... I got to thinkin about how slow the traffic can get out on the coast beach front roads and how much I do like getting out there from time to time. I just don't think my wrists could that much of a work out (i.e. stop and go, stop for a while, go for a bit, slow down, etc. etc. etc) if I were to do that on the gixxer. Those are the kinds of place meant for a cruiser and its not like this bike is an ugly dog:

So, I think I'll hold on to her. For the time being I can afford both. Just seems such a shame to have Kwan (the bikes name) sitting around. Eh, I probably ought to treat him to a work commute from time to time to clean out the cob webs.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Welcome like everyone else has said.. Good going on getting the K5...

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
lol yea webs. but if you open your garage and some kid walk by because his ball bounced into your front lawn, and he see two machines in there...

aahhh... that is going to be a sweet moment.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hey man congrats! Im in clearwater as well
Hey Neighbor!!!! May have to hook up some time. Hell, I've probably seen ya out and about and didn't even know it. Was thinking of going to "The Lot" tonight but I've been out all afternoon riding after getting the 600 mile service done this morning and that Florida sun has me beat.

Anyways, if you ever want to ride, look me up!

Later,

Cal

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
congrats man, thats a nice looking bike!! how bout some picks of the k5!!
Yeah, I know... no pics yet.
I've been so busy workin and riding that I haven't even bothered to take any yet. Definitely a must do. Maybe I'll get some beach shots or somethin tomorrow for all you northerners out there!!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
hey man congrats! Im in clearwater as well
Hey Neighbor!!!! May have to hook up some time. Hell, I've probably seen ya out and about and didn't even know it. Was thinking of going to "The Lot" tonight but I've been out all afternoon riding after getting the 600 mile service done this morning and that Florida sun has me beat.

Anyways, if you ever want to ride, look me up!

Later,

Cal
Im down for that man, I'll PM u when i can ride

later

1 - 20 of 21 Posts