Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'd say stay away from d&d because they are way too loud. It gets obnoxious quick. Yosh is killer as they do their r&d with suzuki so you can't go wrong there. If you're looking for performance then go single side as it creates more backpressure and therefore better performance. You should figure out what direction you want the bike to go and then it will be easier to figure out what exhaust is right for your bike!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'd say stay away from d&d because they are way too loud. It gets obnoxious quick. Yosh is killer as they do their r&d with suzuki so you can't go wrong there. If you're looking for performance then go single side as it creates more backpressure and therefore better performance. You should figure out what direction you want the bike to go and then it will be easier to figure out what exhaust is right for your bike!
I want mine to go forward quickly therefore I chose yoshimura, sorry couldnt resist

·
Registered
5 Posts
Texas - I got a question.

Did you have to move the rear pegs any? Or does the HMF high mount fit perfectly???

I'm ordering my HMF in about a week or so, and I'm trying to get info before it arrives.

Thanks!

·
Registered
340 Posts
You remove the rear peg only to install the bracket then you put the rear peg back on. You will have a hole where the old bracket mounted, I put in a chrome drawer knob on mine to cover the hole...lowe's hardware, couple of dollars. The instructions are not the best either. Be sure to get extra heat shielding...it does not come with enough. I got mine from summitracing.com. I polished my pipe going to the muffler...looks a lot better than the dull stainless. I plan on taking the 2 pieces apart agin and polishing them to a chrome when I get time. GL

·
Registered
1 Posts
I run the slip-on, carbon fiber, D&D exhaust. Yes they are loud. That is what I was looking for. I have heard that The Yosh cans are mellow, however if I was going to go to another exhaust....I may go with the Devil system. I really like the note and it looks mean. Just a thought. I agree with everyone though....do you want the bike to race? Or just to look good and sound mean......Good luck and stay safe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.