Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just got my 2008 GSXR 750 three days ago, been 5 years since I sold my 2001 GSXR 750 so am getting used to riding again. Not happy with the seat, I seem to get a sore butt, but hoping that it will get better in time.

Anyone else have the same problem with the seat.

Jenn

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
dat bike is bad as hell ... u got dat off. the seat thing will definitely get better with time. i had da same problem when i first got back on. leg cramps, back ache, etc. u will get use to it.

·
Premium Member
17,163 Posts
I started out on a 2002 GSX-R 750 (same seat as your 01) and now have an 06 750 (same seat as your 08)

The comfort days of the Gixxer are over lol, you're not going to find a seat as comfy as the stocker from your old bike...but you'll get used to it eventually.

Good lookin' bike, and welcome to the site :cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the '08 is not as comfortable as the '01, but will hopefully get use to it. Might have to get seat modified if I don't.

Jenn

·
Premium Member
17,163 Posts
I can't speak for Corbin, but if you decide to go for a new seat all together, DO NOT go with the "Suzuki Genuine" GSXR Gel Seat. That sombitch makes my back hurt it's so hard...I shit you not. My wife's got it on her bike, she likes it but it kills me

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know its pretty lame but thinking about trying a lambs wool seat cover, but must admit riding today was not so bad on the butt. Time will tell.

Not sure if I can get Corbin in Australia, but have been reading lots of peoples reviews and they vary alot. Many people are for them but alot of people don't like them.

Jenn

·
Registered
154 Posts
We can get corbin in Australia, a mate has 1 on his Blackbird.

Not sure if they are making them for the 08 yet tho.

where ya from ??? as there is acouple of guys in QLD brisbane and gold coast that do seat repadding and shaping.

·
the gun show
3,186 Posts
Corbin makes a seat for your bike but it's expensive. I got the Suzuki gel seat and have no problems with it. It's not as cushy as an 01 but it's better than the one you've got. Only $60

1 - 12 of 12 Posts