Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I'm new to the forum - I just traded in my Ninja 300 for a 750 last night. I loved my 300. I haven't ridden the 750 yet, it's too high for me.

Joined the forum to learn more about the bike and get some information to questions I have.

·
Administrator
13,276 Posts
Welcome aboard ... It's just like high school here , some guys are awkward and don't know how to talk to a lady hahahaha

It's a big step up from your 300 to the 750 , take your time to adjust ... Have you considered any rider aid courses ???

These can help immensely , in becoming a safer , better rider !!!

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Hello. Welcome!

Happy?:p
Pic's!«of the bike.
EDIT...Uh oh Gixxer girls section. Now i'm to be punished.:(
I was set up. I'm innocent i tell ya!
:shifty

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
Hi - I'm new to the forum - I just traded in my Ninja 300 for a 750 last night. I loved my 300. I haven't ridden the 750 yet, it's too high for me.

Joined the forum to learn more about the bike and get some information to questions I have.

Hello. Welcome!

Happy?:p
Pic's!«of the bike.
EDIT...Uh oh Gixxer girls section. Now i'm to be punished.:(
I was set up. I'm innocent i tell ya!

Edit 2...The Gixxer Girl section is off limits to guys unfortunatly due to a-holes in the past. Not many girls hence Not many hello's.
I'm just an accidental badass.:D

:shifty x2

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome aboard ... It's just like high school here , some guys are awkward and don't know how to talk to a lady hahahaha

It's a big step up from your 300 to the 750 , take your time to adjust ... Have you considered any rider aid courses ???

These can help immensely , in becoming a safer , better rider !!!
LOL Thanks for the explanation - I was beginning to wonder if I joined an unfriendly forum. :)

I took the MSF and got my license in 2009, but I didn't get a bike until 2012. I didn't want a 'big' bike...I started on a Ninja 250. I broke it, and myself (the lesson I learned: 1.) Learn body positioning and 2.) don't lean a lowered bike so aggressively.)

Took my 300 to the track earlier this year, but, due to new injuries not related to motorcycles I didn't go back to the track as I had planned. I basically ride to work occasionally, or around town...I haven't been on a group ride since my accident (I was doing almost all group riding my first season up until my accident.)

I probably won't ride my 750 until next season (it's not really riding weather here lately and I'm not a fond of cold.) I can barely get the bike off the kickstand - it's way to high for me and it's a struggle. I tried it the other night and then again last night. Last night we took the seat off and without the seat it's still a struggle to get it up off the stand, but easier, and I was able to put my toes down on both sides of the bike. So my plans are the shave the seat some, and lower it. We ordered an adjustable link. The idea I have is to raise the bike as it loosens up and I get more comfortable with it and its size.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello and congrats on your new bike.
Well, ello there...

Welcome to GDC!! :cheers
Thanks and hello back.

I thought I saw something about pics - I will try to post a couple in the forum (my photo album) but you can always add me on IG - I use the same user name :)

·
Administrator
13,276 Posts
Sorry to here you've been struggling with injuries , they can impact greatly on riding ... Doesn't mean you can't enjoy it still ... Just adjust to suit .

Glad to hear you've taken a riding course , every bit helps ... Group rides can be fun but can also teach you bad habits !!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry to here you've been struggling with injuries , they can impact greatly on riding ... Doesn't mean you can't enjoy it still ... Just adjust to suit.

Glad to hear you've taken a riding course , every bit helps ... Group rides can be fun but can also teach you bad habits !!!
This is true - I've learned early on who to ride and not ride with, but I'm definitely not someone to do something because others pressure me. Towards the end of the season, I got a good handle on who is who in the area around me, so I knew what groups to join in on and not. The group I had my accident with, were actually a group that promoted safe riding and did not encourage squidding...did not encourage anyone out of their comfort zone...I stopped joining them for other reasons...mainly the anxiety I get sitting and waiting for people to show up. It gets annoying after a while!

Congrats with your new bike! Welcome to the forum by the way...
Thank you!

Hello from Rockville :)
Thank you! A lot of people from that area ride and are on forums, I've noticed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
11 Participants
Samantha750
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing