Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup all, My names Mike im from Boston I currently do not have a bike yet but am in the market for one for next summer, I've been riding dirt bikes my whole life and I want to step it up to a sport bike.. I've heard to start off on a 600 so thats what im looking for preferably a Suzuki GSX-R 600 looking for one 2000-2005 year... My questions for you guys are How many miles are too much for these bikes..? and whats considered low miles for these bikes? also how much on average do these bikes go for in good condition with low miles..? and my final question when looking for purchasing a bike what do you want to look for to make sure it ok body, tires, shit like that... thanks for you help and hopefully ill be whippin one next summer!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Welcome. Dont take this the wrong way but dirt bikes to a GSXR 600 is a huge jump it's like a gremlin to a M3, But if you feel comfortable enough to take on the responsibility take it slow and easy until you really get the hang of it even the 600 are no joke. As for your other questions low miles on an 05 would be 5000 or under but living in Boston it will probably be less because you can only ride half the year. As for the price it depends on mods. If a bike is stock I would say around $6000. Very much unlike cars a bike value increases due to modification. due the research, Not all but most people here are more then willing to give you their wisdom. And lastly make sure the bike hasn't been dropped that's number one, and if it has get the records of who and where it was fixed a dropped bike can sometimes be a money pit. Other then that take the MSF course wear your gear ( helmet gloves and jacket ) no matter how hot it is these things can truly save your life. And dont ride outside your comfort zone. Hope that was helpful

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is this a good deal found a 03 black and grey GSXR 600 for $6000 doesnt say the mileage on it but im gonna call tomorrow and see.. How much should i offer if the bikes in the like 5000-10000 mile range?

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
StanGSXR said:
I've heard to start off on a 600 so thats what im looking for
You heard from squids. :D
First off. Don't take advice from squids anymore. :thumbup
Or anybody referring to a 600 as "even a 600" or "a little 600" :hammer

Secondly. Welcome to the site! :cheers

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
:cheers Welcome to the site :cheers
If you buy a bike in BeanTown it should have about 3k to 4k for per season.
Cost is relative to the bikes condition and from who you purchase you bike from. Deal vs private. Dont forget to check the title.
When purchasing check it all. Frame, tires, body, brakes, suspension, etc......

·
Registered
590 Posts
StanGSXR said:
is this a good deal found a 03 black and grey GSXR 600 for $6000 doesnt say the mileage on it but im gonna call tomorrow and see.. How much should i offer if the bikes in the like 5000-10000 mile range?
I got my 02 600 with 10,500 miles for under $5k, and it had a handful of chrome accessories added. I live in the South Shore, but got my bike off a kid on craigslist in NH. Hope this helps with your shopping.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I purchased my 04 Blackie with 1500 miles and a full micron exhaust for 6200 of craigslist. I live in NH btw. I was in that same boat as you. Riding dirt for years, been sneeking rides on all my friends street bikes. Finally just started narrowing down what i really wanted and looked awhile. When its the right bike and right time it will just happen. Oh do you have a Mustang? stanGSXR??? is that what im gathering from your name

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Welcome.I got an '03 600 in Jan of '05 for $5200.Then in Feb. of '06 I got my '04 600 for $5500.Both have the normal upgrades(pipe,commander,eliminater) and both were off of Ebay.So take a look on Ebay,but be careful of the scammers.Both times I contacted the sellers and they ended the auctions early,good luck!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.