Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, what’s up!!

New member here enjoying the site in south central WA state. Ill soon be back on a new 20 GSXR1k in a few days. Woot!! Got to ride a buddys new one a few times in the last couple weeks on some awesome road trips and that twisted my arm to come back. Hahaha.

Had an 08 GSXR1k that served me well for 6 years for many track days plus street duty. Enjoyed every second of that bike and hated to see it go. Wanting to up my game and track fun I drifted away to an s1000rr and spent about 6 years on that trying to get it dialed in the way I wanted it but never got the same feeling with it as I had with my 08 GSXR, plus the 08 never had all the glitchy pitfalls!

Riding my buddys new 1k I was amazed on how well it performed out of the box! MUCH better power band and it had mid range power which my last bike did not. LOL It felt more refined, smoother and more flickable in the corners as I remembered the 08 to be.

Super anxious to take delivery on my new ride! Planning the mods as I wait. Hahaha. Totally happy to make this upgrade. Just be two bikes in the garage at least for a while till I decide what Ill do with the s1000rr.

Cheers everyone and ride safe!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Welcome. If you don’t ride the s1000 you will be able to find someone to buy it and at least get some good money for it. Put that money into fun gsxr parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!!

Yeah thats most likely what will happen so ill get something back out of it.

One can always use fun parts for sure!! (y)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Good to see ya ripppin-gsxr..
Hope you enjoy the new bike, when actually you get it. I remember the anxious feeling for the last few days when I bought my GSX-R1000 L8 beginning of last year, actually it was December 24th 2018 but the shop closed for a Xmas/New year break like many do here, and I had to wait until they went back in the first week of 2019. Like a fool when they asked if I could wait til then, I said "yeah - no problem".. That was the worst Xmas I ever had - waiting, waiting, waiting...!!! I remember the ecstatic feeling though as I signed the dotted line and he gave me the spare keys and paperwork then I went out to that new bike parked out on the streetside and slung my leg over it for the first time => mine, all mine.. What a feeling...!!!

Al

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to see ya ripppin-gsxr..
Hope you enjoy the new bike, when actually you get it. I remember the anxious feeling for the last few days when I bought my GSX-R1000 L8 beginning of last year, actually it was December 24th 2018 but the shop closed for a Xmas/New year break like many do here, and I had to wait until they went back in the first week of 2019. Like a fool when they asked if I could wait til then, I said "yeah - no problem".. That was the worst Xmas I ever had - waiting, waiting, waiting...!!! I remember the ecstatic feeling though as I signed the dotted line and he gave me the spare keys and paperwork then I went out to that new bike parked out on the streetside and slung my leg over it for the first time => mine, all mine.. What a feeling...!!!

Al
Heck yeah!!! Super excited. Supposed to be mid week if all goes well but im telling myself by the end of the week in case something happens so I dont get too excited then its delayed. LOL I should be able to get it broke in some and the first service done before time to put it away for the year with the snow here. Then I probably wont be able to stand it sitting on the off season. Haha Stoked too that I didnt get it around the holidays for delays or unfortunately like my last bike I got it on my birthday and thought that was super awesome but it ended up not being the present i wanted. lol

Fun times ahead!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts