Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw and sat on the new Katana ... I love it!!!

Add it to the list of bikes I want ??

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,076 Posts
i think its very cool to look at and it looks comfy to ride.

if your buying new go see mick hone, save yourself the PS issues that everyone has.

·
Administrator
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Problem is, it's just a re-worked GSX-S with a smaller tank and a 3K larger price tag. Not sure I would pay that just for the looks alone.
I definitely would ... many bikes share running gear with others , always have always will.
This bike is hella cool regardless ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
It IS absolutely cool. I just didn't know if people understood that it's a GSXS with cosmetic changes.
But that's the beauty of riding...everyone can ride what they love regardless of anyone else thinks or says.
Cheers!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Problem is, it's just a re-worked GSX-S with a smaller tank and a 3K larger price tag. Not sure I would pay that just for the looks alone.
"Smaller" to the point of making the bike unusable if you're riding spiritedly. I don't want to get to know every single gas station.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,944 Posts
Looks cool, but I'd pick up a GSX-S in a heartbeat over it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Looks cool, but I'd pick up a GSX-S in a heartbeat over it.
That would be a good choice.. My younger brother has a GSX-S1000 F, and I have to tell you that this thing really hauls ass from low to mid speed. By simply twisting open the throttle from about 70 - 80 kph (40 - 50 mph) and the S1000 F just runs away from my GSX-R1000A L8. From 100 - 110 kph (approx 60 - 70 mph) we are about even, for a while, then the R just steps into its own territory and takes off, but by the time this happens, maybe 400m has gone by and you're into instant loss of license speeds, so you have to be careful about the speed that increases all too quickly. If you use your gearbox though, of course it's all a different story. The GSX-R has ok low/mid range punch for a sporter but it's hunting ground is medium to top revs, whereas the GSX-S has huge low/mid range punch and still enough top end to see most of us dizzy.. As far as I know, the Katana has the same motor as the GSX-S and the same instrument panel as my GSX-R but has quite a hefty pricetag. I certainly gave the Katana a good eyeing up when I first saw them but the biggest letdown is the 12 litre tank. It's not a unique and radical looking Katana like the very first one (I had two of them) but it sure looks good to me, especially in black...

Al

·
Registered
03 Gsxr1000
107 Posts
1 picture isn’t enough for me. If I judge from this pic , I’d say it’s pretty ugly.
for whatever reason Japan can’t make good looking nakeds. It’s not worth 20k

I think they need a Italian designer with the Japanese reliability .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts