Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright lads,

iv just bought a k6 600 black/silver, iv got a few question if you can help me out;

Where the fuck is the fuel gauge?

Do the headlights ever turn off or are they permantly on?

Does any one know where i can get some crash bungs, cheap and in the sunny UK?

Oh and what is this 'squid' thing all about?

if you can help, thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Welcome.:cheers No fuel gauge, only a warning light. Headlights only turn off when you hit the starter.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks pal, how many miles do you normally get to a tank then? normal riding and giving it the beans every now and then.

also what tyres are recommended? iv heard the bridgestones bt014 are the best.
I wont be going near a track as iv only bought/passed my test, so just normal day to day riding.

thanks

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
The way I ride I only get about 100 miles per tank but mine's a literbike. I think you are thinking of the BT016's. I'm not even sure if they still make 014's. The most important part of any tire is to go easy on them until they warm up.

·
Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance and
5,533 Posts
It would be safe to fill up at about 120 miles on the tank, but I have gotten up to 160 miles on a tank before. Your fuel light will begin to blink when you have one (1) gallon of gas left and it will go on solid when you have 1/3 (0.3) of a gallon left. On average, I get between 35 and 40 mpg, so when the light starts blinking, I know that I have about 30 miles to go before I need to fill up. Rule of thumb for me is to fill up when the light starts to blink, as it can be harmful to the fuel pump to run with less than 1/4 tank of gas.

Do a google search for Motovation frame sliders, they are good "crash bungs."

Headlight is always on.

If you ride like a retard on public streets without gear, you are a squid. If you are responsible, don't worry about it.

As far as tires go, they're all pretty much good and the "best" depends on what you are looking for in a tire. Fast turn in? Higher stability? Long life? Many possibilities.

·
Registered
745 Posts
It would be safe to fill up at about 120 miles on the tank, but I have gotten up to 160 miles on a tank before. Your fuel light will begin to blink when you have one (1) gallon of gas left and it will go on solid when you have 1/3 (0.3) of a gallon left. On average, I get between 35 and 40 mpg, so when the light starts blinking, I know that I have about 30 miles to go before I need to fill up. Rule of thumb for me is to fill up when the light starts to blink, as it can be harmful to the fuel pump to run with less than 1/4 tank of gas.

Do a google search for Motovation frame sliders, they are good "crash bungs."

Headlight is always on.

If you ride like a retard on public streets without gear, you are a squid. If you are responsible, don't worry about it.

As far as tires go, they're all pretty much good and the "best" depends on what you are looking for in a tire. Fast turn in? Higher stability? Long life? Many possibilities.
+1 dude he just summed it all up for ya.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers lads, think il stick to the rubber suzuki prescribed for now until i get my experience up and get a little wiser about what i want from the bike.

im amazed there is no fuel gauge, for an 06 bike thats pretty poor.

any who, thanks again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi mate

im in Windermere just up the road from you..... Fuel gauges are a waste of time, had one on my cbr 600rr-5 and it said there was fuel in when there wasnt so ran out so a light is much better.

Steve

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
il get used to it,Spadey do you know any places online for parts? sliders etc....

a company in the uk rather than the US.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi mate,

as per usual e bay is always the best... Maybe catch up for a spin when the fookin snow goes... My in laws live in Lytham St Annes so pretty close bud....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts