Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my new K5 yesterday from a friend... I've been looking at getting a bike but I wasn't sure if I was going to get a 600, 750 or the 1k... I went up to the dealership to see what they had in stock, I looked around but they didn't have any bikes in black/red... They also wouldn't come down more than $500 off of MSRP so that kind of killed it...

A buddy of mine called me up and told me he was selling his bike (which I didn't know he had). He told me he needed money becasue his wife is due next month and he just lost his job. I went over to his place and there it stood 2005 black/red 1k only 1300 miles on it. I told him I didn't know if I was ready for a liter bike and I'm still getting used to transfering from motocross to street bikes but I couldn't resist his offer...

I'm now the proud owner of K5 with full gear and only 1300 miles for $7500!! I road it home and wow what a sweet bike it is... I'm not much for tricking the bike (yet) but from what I could tell this bike is very user friendly... but it can also get away from you real quick...

Just thought I'd let y'all know that I'm new to the gixxer community and what a steal I got for my bike!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Welcome aboard Texas!
Treat her well and she'll treat you well right back mate,hope you have many enjoyable rides aboard your new 'girl'
Take care out there mate

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
congrats!! but really respect that bike.. it has insane power. Take it easy

·
Registered
406 Posts
I hoped he was the one who set the price for the bike and gear. I couldnt imagine lowballing a friend who's expecting a child and loss of a job. Regardless, congrats on the bike.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Congrats!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
welcome to the club.
where in tx. are you?
i got mine last friday.
anywhere near dallas maybe we can meet up.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Congrats!!!!!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm in College Station...

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's the blk/silver/red scheme... I'm going to get it painted all black soon..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts