Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Germans out did themselves with this one. I want 3 of them!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Unreal..... mind blown. Sure, your gun overheating by a few hundred degrees? Just throw it in this puddle here and then go right back to world destruction. Fucking awesome.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,127 Posts
Unreal..... mind blown. Sure, your gun overheating by a few hundred degrees? Just throw it in this puddle here and then go right back to world destruction. Fucking awesome.
That part isn't new, pretty much all actual machine guns (not full auto assault rifles/battle rifles - usually) have quick-detach barrels so you can swap for a cool(er) one - that goes back to WW1 :lmao

Usually you can only do a couple hundred rounds in quick succession before you have to change - if you continue anyway, the barrel might actually start bending :eek Even at the specified max number of rounds, it'll be hot enough that you can see a faint red glow at night...

If you have time, it's better to air cool the barrels but if you do have to water cool them, you have to submerge it like the guy does, from one end. If you just pour water on it you can bend it too, cooling one side faster than the other.

The recoil control system is impressive, though :cool

<--- Tens of thousands of rounds out of various GPMGs :biggrin

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,127 Posts
This is the predecessor, the 7.92x57mm MG42 from WW2. A slightly modernized version in 7.62 NATO is still in use in quite a few countries:

Notice the quick change barrel and straight recoil :biggrin

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the predecessor, the 7.92x57mm MG42 from WW2. A slightly modernized version in 7.62 NATO is still in use in quite a few countries:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqN2LxuybrM

Notice the quick change barrel and straight recoil :biggrin
Is it gay if this shit makes my dick hard? :scratch I thought that was cool as hell how the barrel was vaporizing the water in that little spring.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,127 Posts
Is it gay if this shit makes my dick hard? :scratch I thought that was cool as hell how the barrel was vaporizing the water in that little spring.
Hell, they get hot enough to light cigarettes on - literally.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
That part isn't new, pretty much all actual machine guns (not full auto assault rifles/battle rifles - usually) have quick-detach barrels so you can swap for a cool(er) one - that goes back to WW1 :lmao

Usually you can only do a couple hundred rounds in quick succession before you have to change - if you continue anyway, the barrel might actually start bending :eek Even at the specified max number of rounds, it'll be hot enough that you can see a faint red glow at night...

If you have time, it's better to air cool the barrels but if you do have to water cool them, you have to submerge it like the guy does, from one end. If you just pour water on it you can bend it too, cooling one side faster than the other.

The recoil control system is impressive, though :cool

<--- Tens of thousands of rounds out of various GPMGs :biggrin
The recoil system is amazing, I noted that. And I didn't know all that about the barrels (I knew about the heating up, I did not know about the cooling down).

I always figured you take any metal that is heated to a certain point and submerge in water, no matter how slowly, that it changes the physical properties of the metal and in some cases can cause warp. Guess I was wrong. I do like when he drops the one barrel off throws a new one on, and bam back to shootin.

How much does one of those go for :burnout

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,127 Posts
I always figured you take any metal that is heated to a certain point and submerge in water, no matter how slowly, that it changes the physical properties of the metal and in some cases can cause warp. Guess I was wrong. I do like when he drops the one barrel off throws a new one on, and bam back to shootin.
Submerging the barrel isn't something you should do unless you absolutely have to - as in "people on our side will die if we don't keep sustained fire downrange"... It will shorten the life of the barrel but if you have the choice between that and not hitting worth shit because the barrel is deformed from heat, you might have to in that case.

How much does one of those go for :burnout
Being that it's H&K it probably has a hefty price tag and then some. Not to mention tax stamps and shit.

Also, the fun of full auto wears off in a hurry when you have to buy the ammo yourself :lmao

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,127 Posts
...oh wait, you're in Chicago - you'll have to make do with the airsoft version :lmao

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
...oh wait, you're in Chicago - you'll have to make do with the airsoft version :lmao
Haha, suburbia. Just outside city limits thank god. Fun thong is were finally getting a conceal carry law sometime soon. Courtesy of federal courts woot woot

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,127 Posts
Haha, suburbia. Just outside city limits thank god. Fun thong is were finally getting a conceal carry law sometime soon. Courtesy of federal courts woot woot

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Fun thong... :giggity

But good for you guys - about damn time :cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts