Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. New here just picked up a ‘97 750 srad. Runs like a champ but it’s super slow to start cold. I live in LA so it’s not literally cold. The guy I got it from had it sitting in his collection and the battery had died. After charging and putting some miles on it, it doesn’t seem to be the battery. Turns over fine and not noticeably slow. I’m guessing something with the carbs but I want to eliminate smaller things before I start messing with it. Again it runs hard no sputtering, stalling or anything indicative of a fueling issue once she’s goin. Ps. Repair manual is on its way from amazon. And by NEW, I mean first street bike ever so yeah. Thanks for the help.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,843 Posts
750 for a first bike is not a good choice. Start on something smaller.

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,088 Posts
How have you determined that "it doesn’t seem to be the battery", which is what the history and symptoms seem to be pointing to? Try searching the forum for words like "battery measurement DMM".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don’t have the luxury of buying a smaller bike now and a bigger one later but you’re right. She was scary at first. The battery was dead. Now it’s not and cranks strong. I’m gonna test it anyway but That’s how I know. I’ll post it in the right place. My bad.

·
Administrator
13,255 Posts
I don’t have the luxury of buying a smaller bike now and a bigger one later but you’re right. She was scary at first. The battery was dead. Now it’s not and cranks strong. I’m gonna test it anyway but That’s how I know. I’ll post it in the right place. My bad.
No problem , if you have trouble navigating the forum just contact a staff member :thumbup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
8you4t
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing