Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I got a 2018 GSX-R1000R last Saturday. I had a 2015 Ninja 650R for three seasons and only put about 7,000 miles on her.

During that time I had two bad accidents... First I was being stupid... Second a deer ran out on a tar and chip road and I locked up the brakes at 50.

I've fixed her up both times and she still rides great... Except... The oil pressure light came on two weeks ago while cruising at 7-8k rpms for sustained periods. Backed off and thought nothing of it and then it did it again on the way home. After a reddit post it seems it is either faulty sensor, loose wiring, or the motor is about to blow.

Although I have a lot of room for improvement in cornering, rather than lose the best part of the season I picked up the 2018 1000R.

Before I got the bike I got equal amounts of hate and enthusiasm when I was talking about getting one with fellow riders (friends and acquaintances). In the end, I'm very happy with it.

I really wanted the auto blip... Kinda funny now that I own the bike I see you can add it to regular 1000 with ecu tune and maybe extra parts.

I settled for black because all the dealers wanted a lot more for the blue. I'm really sad I don't have the blue, but I still love the bike. Day 1 I put the yoshimura slip on and tail tuck on... While installing the tail tuck I followed a youtube tutorial of one I liked way more, what a bummer I didn't do much research... Oh well.

All the gixxers in my area I've seen so far are squids and/or extended swingarms. Not really my style but I can be a hoonigan too. I ride almost exclusively ATGATT... Hoping I can get track days in my future (maybe with 650R, maybe 1000).

Anyway, enough about me. I'm interested in finding an aftermarket ecu tuning software or getting a tune to get rid of the dreaded fuel cut and learning more about what disabling the various smog settings does. Wanted to get ahead of posting on here for when I really need it!

Looking forward to civilized conversation and learning more about my bike!

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome! Be careful, the 1000r is a badass piece. Get some crash pro on it ASAP. I'd recommend this and your pick on some frame sliders.
Ah, you got me scared since my last bike was messed up pretty bad a few times. Got that kit direct from GB(way cheaper and 4-5 weeks faster) plus front and rear axle sliders and puig frame sliders. Probably overkill/some overlap but it will be good piece of mind. Thanks for the suggestion

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ah, you got me scared since my last bike was messed up pretty bad a few times. Got that kit direct from GB(way cheaper and 4-5 weeks faster) plus front and rear axle sliders and puig frame sliders. Probably overkill/some overlap but it will be good piece of mind. Thanks for the suggestion
Nice, the more protection the better. Everyone makes a low speed/garage mistake at some point. When it happens it'll save your bike. Don't be scared, just take it easy for awhile. Don't open it up in sketchy places. Practice braking and low speed clutch control in a parking lot, the controls on these bikes are super touchy. Especially in 1st/2nd, the front end will come off the ground before you know it. Just ride safe and enjoy it, you have a sweet bike man!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts