Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I picked up this shitbox from 1993 for $500.00:
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
it was listed on Facebook marketplace as having "no spark" got that sorted the first day with the help of a wiring diagram. Rplaced the plugs and cleaned the carbs. The next thing to tackle was several pinholes in the gas tank
Helmet Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

I pulled the carbs and gave them a good cleaning. I made sure there are no vacuum leaks, it revs good and strong, but doesn't like to idle below 2k and the revs drop slowly after closing the throttle. I got the factory service manual in a nice red suzuki binder (ebay). The section on carbs doesn't specify a setting for the pilot screws it just says "preset" I found them 2.5 turns out. Can someone advise a good starting point?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You were right. I went from 2.5 to 3.5 and its improved, I think I went a little too far. Somewhere between will likely be the sweet spot. Hey has anyone replaced the old petcock with a single port type? What did you use to tee the dual gas lines?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok i found a brass tee at the parts store and put the new petcock on. Now that all the gas leaks are fixed I need to figure out where this oil is coming from, is there a gasket here:
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

How big of a job is this? Do I need to pull the motor?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the culprit was the bolt that holds these brackets on
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting Fender

I removed the one on the left hand side and snugged the bolt up. The leak seems to be gone
Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

I wiped her down and ran it a few minutes. No new oil is apparent. I'm gonna decrease it and test again so I can get a better look

1 - 9 of 9 Posts