Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i just bought my first bike, an 04' Gixxer 600, I went for the 600 cuz, even though my friends told me to go for something bigger, but what i learned on was a 250 ninja, so i saw the 600 as a big step. And I've put 200 miles on it since i got it a week ago, and this bike is plenty fast for me.But anyways, i just wanted to know if what i payed for it was good, or not. I got it for $6500, and drove about two hours each way to go pick it up. But i got it for that price, with 817 miles on it ( I just hit 1000 ). The bike doesnt have one scratch on it, its in showroom condition, it also had the undertail kit, a slip on yoshimura pipe ( carbon fiber), chrome wheels, an alarm, an HID headlight kit, and some other little mods.....? Just wanted to know whatyou guys think, if i got a good deal or not? I also wanted to know about jackets, between leather and textile, which is more comfortable, and which one is better as far as protection is considered...

·
Registered
969 Posts
good price on the bike, and I have both leather and tex jackets. I like the textile jaket a bit more right now because the leathe one is just a little stiff right now. I think that the lather jacket will protect you better. hope that helps, And welcome to the site.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, I'm really glad i found this site, i've reading posts on it for like two days now, and theres really alot of info to be learned and knowledge to be gained ...Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sounds like you got a good deal on the bike. I have been ridding a ninja 500 for the last year and am getting my 05 GSXR-600 in the next couple weeks (when the kid finally pays me for my bike). I have been ridding with the Joe Rocket Alter Ego Textile jacket. The jacket is very comfortable and is versitle. When it gets hot you can zip off the outer shell to turn it into a mesh jacket, and it still has all the padding. It also has a removeable waterproof lining inside as well. chrck out www.joerocket.com

·
Registered
337 Posts
Congrats onthe bike,
I have both jackets, out here in Ca when it hits 90-100 degrees, I ware my joe rocket mesh jacket i think its called "Phoenix"", it has all the same padding as my alipnestarts leather one.
In that heat the leather is all but a sweat factory, it will protect better then the joe rocket one, but on hot days its not worth it to me.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Welcome to the boards Jeff - Good deal on the bike Post some pics when you have a chance

·
Registered
297 Posts
dude, thats a sweet deal. i know that stock 04 600's can go as high as 7 grand in some situations, but they usually go for 6000-6500 stock in perfect condition. but to get that with all those mods, sweet deal!!! oh yeah, welcome to GDC.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Welcome to GDC!

Sounds like you got a pretty sweet deal there!!

Gear..... one word.......... LEATHER!

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
welcome to the site, good deal on the bike! I can't tell in the pics if you have frame sliders or not, but if you don't ( get some!!!!!!!!)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
welcome to the site, good deal on the bike! I can't tell in the pics if you have frame sliders or not, but if you don't ( get some!!!!!!!!)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't see them either.....I suggest sliders from www.yoyodyneti.com

Good luck with the bike.

njracer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts