Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

new guy here

474 views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  andtal 
#1 ·
hey, im new to this site and suzuki's. i just picked up my first, a 2005 gsxr 1000. its my first bike. i just recently got my motorcycle permit, and ive never ridden before. its so fast!!

haha, now that ive got you ready to flame, im JK. i just jumped over from a 2004 R1 and let me tell you, its a better all around bike. way more low end power, handles better and has a more agressive seating position. looks id still give to the r1, but i like this bike so far. it seems quicker then my r1 which put down 157rwhp with slip ons only. i cant wait to do breakin so i can take this thing to the track(road course, not drag strip) i also did the whole starter bike thing on a ninja 500, then moved to an r6, then an r1 and now this bike. anyone know where i can get some mods for it? im really looking for something to remove the mud flap. as far as power goes, the bike has enough. id say it has about 8-10 more lb ft and probably 5-6 more hp then my r1. ill dyno it after i get some miles on it. im in atlanta, so anyone else in atlanta say hi or something. any good places to go 'racing' on the weekends?

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome!

#7 ·
Welcome and just make you a bracket for the license plate and turn signals. if you do a search on the site I assure you that you can find people that have done this. If you are not big on DYI stuff you can buy a fender eliminator from many places but they all seem to run in the 50$ + range. I made mine out of a stop sign lol. You said you are from Atlanta, Ever been to Auburn? That's where I'm from but I'm stationed in Guam atm

#8 ·
never been to auburn. im real big with diy stuff. infact, i just made a fender eliminator from two L brackets from home depot... total cost 2.02
i left my camera at my dads house, but next time i go down there( i have to pick up my rear stand too) ill grab it. i got the black/silver color. its a real fast bike. i had it up fairly quick last night. it seems to pull harder in 6th gear rolls then flooring it in all the gears... wierd.

#13 ·
If you get a chance head south on I-85 and in about an hour and a half (doing 75) you'll run right into Auburn. The girls there are awesome!!! It's a great place. Just an idea for ya! Safe riding!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.