Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I just happened across an 09 GSXR 1000 in immaculate condition with 14k mi and a few addons. I traded another vehicle for it. Many of the liter class sport bikes I have considered over the years have already had the life beaten out of them, this one presents as damn near new condition. I have yet to ride it, there was snow on the ground when it was delivered today, I was able to ride it into the garage and throw a cover over it. I may have to wait until spring to take her out, the suspense is hard to take. I did a bit of searching but I have a couple questions yet. It's insane how bitchen' this bike sounds and feels so far, I can hardly stand not being able to ride it, possibly for the entire winter season.

This bike has the Racefit exhaust, Powercommander V, a K&N style filter, Dyhnojet (dunno what product or service, ECU tune?), Fender delete and pass seat cowl, adjustable shorty levers, Double bubble smoked windscreen, carbon fiber fixins', upgraded steering dampener and a big fat factory service manual along with the owners manual and extra key. There are no receipts for the added goodies so I'm not sure exactly what it's made of. I am pretty sure it's plenty more powerful than my 1st gen Vmax. I'm old enough to realize this bikes' capabilities are beyond my skill level even though I have 35 years of riding experience, this is my first sport bike, I'll be easing into it with great respect.

I would like to know what I can do to remove the added decals without hurting the paint, I was thinking Goo-Gone but felt best to check here?

I live at 4000' so an objective dyno run is not likely, with what may be on it I'm wondering what sort of RWHP it might have, I've read 185 stock, PO claims 219 but that sounds lofty to me from what I've read. I'm sure even stock is well more than I need, just a little curious. I've read through some dyno room posts here and seems like there is a lot of range.

Thanks in advance for the info and I look forward to reading and learning. Any input is welcome and appreciated. It would be cool to hear from any other adult Gixxer folks around the Black Hills/Rapid City, I'll keep on reading up. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
14,999 Posts
Nice bike KC and welcome! Goo Gone will work fine to clean the fairings after you remove the stickers. To help take them off you can heat them up a bit with a hair dryer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts