Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
Hey,
Nice bike! You'll find that there isn't much activity in this forum as it seems most ladies tend not to stick around for one reason or another.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Welcome!

Is this your first bike? How much riding experience do you have?

And more importantly........

Do you ride with all safety gear?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been riding for the last 5 years or so! This is my 4th bike... I also have a Ducati S4RS in the garage :) And I definitely wear all the gear.. My white leather jacket looks a treat with the Gixxer that's for sure!

It's interesting that a lot of ladies don't seem to hang around... I certainly plan on being here!

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
It's interesting that a lot of ladies don't seem to hang around... I certainly plan on being here!
I guess there are a number of reasons why lady riders don't stick around. These are a few of the reasons I have come up with but nothing other than just my opinion/thoughts about it.

1. Disappointment that guys aren't tripping over themselves to flirt/get attention from the ladies. This, after all is a motorcycle site and not a dating site.

2. This is very much a "Boys Club" and they can be rude, crude, crass and inappropriate. Stick around and you will see what I mean :p

3. Regardless of whether a boy, girl, man, woman, members don't sugar coat and shoot straight from the hip if you are perceived as a danger to yourself, others, the community and/or ooze squid, you will be told straight.

4. Ladies don't get preferential/special treatment, here you are a rider and you are here to learn/teach/expand your knowledge about the community, wrenching on your bike or just plain comradery.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I guess there are a number of reasons why lady riders don't stick around. These are a few of the reasons I have come up with but nothing other than just my opinion/thoughts about it.

1. Disappointment that guys aren't tripping over themselves to flirt/get attention from the ladies. This, after all is a motorcycle site and not a dating site.

2. This is very much a "Boys Club" and they can be rude, crude, crass and inappropriate. Stick around and you will see what I mean :p

3. Regardless of whether a boy, girl, man, woman, members don't sugar coat and shoot straight from the hip if you are perceived as a danger to yourself, others, the community and/or ooze squid, you will be told straight.

4. Ladies don't get preferential/special treatment, here you are a rider and you are here to learn/teach/expand your knowledge about the community, wrenching on your bike or just plain comradery.
There's truth right there. On the up side, there are strictly enforced rules governing harassment and unwanted advances. Just ask Joe, he will let you know, that kind of stuff isn't tolerated and he will be quick to give the boot to anyone breaking that rule.

Otherwise, welcome to the forum. There is a wealth of information here. I've gained a lot of knowledge on many facets of riding and mechanics, as well as the importance of not using cheap aftermarket parts due to safety hazards. You're gonna like it here. Just grow some thick skin. And choose your words carefully. Some of the guys, and girls can make you feel like the dunce sometimes. But I assure you, it just tough love. Enjoy!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel
60,366 Posts

:stupid

And welcome. :)

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,047 Posts
^ dude she was the one that gave the idea of doing the group ride remember...?
ya spastic.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts