Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah. To be honest, I personally don't care about guys wanting to get in on a thread and chat. Never had a problem with that. It just sucks trying to find a place where there's active girls who actively ride and also do their own wrenching.
I'm on a couple groups on Facebook but most of them just seem to talk about really simple and basic stuff. And hardly anyone interacts - it's all about 'I I I I' in replies.
I love how guys talk about all the details and get quite specific with threads and topics. I learn so much reading through tons of threads about all sorts but all girls seem to post is about what bike they should get for their seat height, doing a photoshoot with their bikes and shit like that. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't all the time and the vast majority I've come across.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
I find many ladies get run off because they ask for female opinions but get a bunch of guys. I bet I could ask what bra everyone wears and I would get guys telling me what their mom, sister, girlfriend, fiance or wife wear. On another forum I wanted to see how many active ladies there were and guys saying "I'm here" and got an earful because I told them "I don't care, I want to see how many girl riders we have", I haven't been back since.
Thankyou Sammy,as this is the crux of the problem and the very reason Joe implemented the "ban on sight" rule for the guys in this forum unless you are asking for legit, lady-specific motorcyle advice

Yeah. To be honest, I personally don't care about guys wanting to get in on a thread and chat. Never had a problem with that. It just sucks trying to find a place where there's active girls who actively ride and also do their own wrenching.
I'm on a couple groups on Facebook but most of them just seem to talk about really simple and basic stuff. And hardly anyone interacts - it's all about 'I I I I' in replies.
I love how guys talk about all the details and get quite specific with threads and topics. I learn so much reading through tons of threads about all sorts but all girls seem to post is about what bike they should get for their seat height, doing a photoshoot with their bikes and shit like that. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't all the time and the vast majority I've come across.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I want to apologize RedJ,we(the staff) have been trying in earnest to make GixxerGirls forum a guy-free forum,we feel it would attract more women riders and help the forum grow. Please stick around:thumbup

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Ashf00t! After seeing your post in the picture thread about your youtube channel, needless to say I have watched them all :biggrin I think your awesome and thank you for the entertainment and laughs :punk
Haha, thanks for taking the time to watch 'em! Sadly, it's been awhile since I've posted a new one. I need to get on that :( but with the new console games out (Assassin's Creed 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts) it's hard to get any time to look at my past footage to edit. I still love to vlog though :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I took the MSF Course on a Honda 250. Ive ridden dirt bikes, and once I hopped on the 250 is was like I never stopped riding. Wasnt sure what I wanted bike size until my someone was so kind to let me ride their 750. After that I knew what I wanted either a Honda 600 or a Suzuki. They both were comfortable for me compared to a R6. Took it really slow and stayed within my limits, and I grew with the bike as my skills got better. Dropped it twice, once on my driveway, and once at a gast station. I wasnt paying attention and thats what happens.

I love my bike. I cannot flat foot but i cant touch with both feet on the ball of my foot? - Think i worded that correcty. Most of the time I flat foot with my left and keep my right on the rear break.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi, I'm new.

When I was 28yo I start on a dirt bike it was Yamaha 125..this bike was so much fun sadly I sort off had a little incident involving jumping bushes, fence and hitting parked tractor...few bruises and broke my arm in two places haha That was before my test, I pass test on 1200 Suzuki bandit. I rewarded myself with k7 1000. * I'm 5'7''.. so k7 fits me like a glove :)

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I learned on a 600 dropped it twice threw the learning process (It's gonna happen to every learner male or female)
now have a 750 also dropped twice within 1st month I had it.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
I learned on a 600 dropped it twice threw the learning process (It's gonna happen to every learner male or female)
now have a 750 also dropped twice within 1st month I had it.
So can I ask what the circumstances were to you "dropping" each bike each time? Were the simple "fell over in the driveway" situations? Or did you crash them?

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Welcome :)

I started off with....

Honda CG125
Yamaha FZR400 RR
Yamaha Fazer 600
Suzuki SRAD 600
Suzuki TL 1000S
Suzuki TL 1000R
Honda Fireblade 954RR
Yamaha R1 5PW
Triumph Daytona 955i

Currently I own my pride and joy - GSXR 1000 K6 :)

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts

I started off with....

Honda CG125
Yamaha FZR400 RR
Yamaha Fazer 600
Suzuki SRAD 600
Suzuki TL 1000S
Suzuki TL 1000R
Honda Fireblade 954RR
Yamaha R1 5PW
Triumph Daytona 955i

I didn't know you were a girl...

:dunno

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Oh crap my bad :-(

My apologies. I should have read the entire thread before getting carried away with my post

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts

I started off with....

Honda CG125
Yamaha FZR400 RR
Yamaha Fazer 600
Suzuki SRAD 600
Suzuki TL 1000S
Suzuki TL 1000R
Honda Fireblade 954RR
Yamaha R1 5PW
Triumph Daytona 955i

:nono

:wink2:

I am BLOKE alright and as straight as it comes
:nono :nono
Oh crap my bad :-(

My apologies. I should have read the entire thread before getting carried away with my post
:nono :nono :nono

·
Registered
54 Posts
I started on a cbr f3. Crashed it and got another f3. After those I got an r6 then an 02 gsxr 750. Sold it and bought a TL1000R and now back to an 08 gsxr 750. Miss that TL!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts