Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am new to this website and have a question in regard to the new 1000. I have an 04 and love it, but am thinking of getting the 05, I have read that some not all have problems with head shake at higher speeds, has anyone with the new 05 had any problems with this? Or has anybody been hearing about this? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
I've only been up to 145 mph so far. I was tucked in and it straight as an arrow.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
My friends would head shake while accelerating hard over rough pavement. We changed to 20 weight in the steering damper and it calmed down a bunch. Adjustable steering damper would be the best fix.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've been up near 180 (indicated) and yes there's slight headshake at higher speeds....

Ohlins or Scotts and you can forget about it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feed back. According to suzuki, some do this some don't. I really don't know what is up with an answer like that. If that is the case suzuki should fix the ones that do. How are you guys liking this new bike, verses some of the previous years for gixxer?

·
Registered
843 Posts
I have gotten in a few speed wobble accelerating hard, the front end would feel super light at around 12k RPM in 2nd to 4th gears and wobble.

I'm going to buy an aftermarker Steering damper soon

·
Registered
736 Posts
Indicated 173 mph, whatever that translate to in actual speed, being that there is a speedo error. Didnt really noticed any headshakes......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts