Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im just curious if anyone has used the stock complete rearsets(brackets and all) off say a 01-750 on say a 99-600. Do they bolt up, would they be higher, lower, or same?

thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
I got the GSXR1000 rearsets on my 98 srad.Only prob is that i have to change the gear lever and brake lever of the 1000 to my 750's.Other than that,it feels the same and also look nicer.Oh ya,it bolts right on without any prob.

·
Registered
358 Posts
If you wanna change the height and really gain better look out of it, you should maybe look into getting aftermarket rearsets. Also you will have more clearance in hard low leans. Just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so you have to change the shift and brake levers out? that shift lever looks identical to ours, and then i can understand the brake lever but my point is that my brake lever is currently bent and my shifter lever is one i found on ebay but the hole is kind of bigger and its chromed, so im really starting to look gheto.

i get low but not that low right now, as long as they dont sit any lower i would be happy though.
i would do aftermarket but thats a lota cash and i saw a set off a new gen for 50 bucks so i though hey

thanks again

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
If you are looking for those on the used market and are having a tough time, look into getting the rearsets from the SV650s -- they are the same.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by migz123:
If you are looking for those on the used market and are having a tough time, look into getting the rearsets from the SV650s -- they are the same.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">you know i was thinking about that the other day, my good buddy has an sv650s, and i did notice that i think the left one looked identical and the right one looked slightly different in some way but i didnt look close and i will today when he comes over.
Thanks man, im now seriously going to look into that, i love this place!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts