Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to put the pegs from the new gen bikes on ours?? I am not talking the whole rearset, but JUST the peg... It looks like it would fit but I wanted to ask first. Thanks,

John

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
i am pretty sure they will fit... if not maybe youd just have to machine down some material to get it to fit but they both use the spring-loaded system

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I really like the pegs a lot more on the new bikes.. The little extra grip on the tip really helps to hold your foot from sliding off the peg at full lean...
So I thought if i could find a set cheap I would get them... But who know.. I might have to try.

John

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes,the pegs wull fit in nicely,I'm using the Gix1000 pegs and heel guards on my 98 srad...looks neater too.

I am not talking the whole rearset, but JUST the peg... It looks like it would fit but I wanted to ask first. Thanks,

John[/QB][/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
on the outside edge of the pegs, ours are smooth, almost like polished they are so smooth... On the new bikes they have small bumps like the rest of our pegs. This really helps to hold you foot in place at full lean... It was nice when I rode a friends 1K and my foot didnt feel like it was sliding off the outside peg..

John

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
Originally posted by GixsterX:
Yes,the pegs wull fit in nicely,I'm using the Gix1000 pegs and heel guards on my 98 srad...looks neater too.

I am not talking the whole rearset, but JUST the peg... It looks like it would fit but I wanted to ask first. Thanks,

John
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">[/QB][/QUOTE]

throw some pics on

i wanna see

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
yes, the new gen's have an outside platform (knurled too) to help hold yer footies MUCH better than the gen1 srad's... i noticed that immediatley!!!

better yet ((much , much better yet) are these q-racing jobbers........these are twice a nice as vortex.........an hold your foot like its magnetically attached!!

i am in the process of getting a new CF heel guard to fit on these custom rearsets......

if anyone wants a set of gen2 gsxr CF heelguards, please pm me asap....

the dealer wants 72.99 out here for a set.....
30.00 to your door.........(limited #'s left....)

sms

[ 01-11-2003, 06:43 AM: Message edited by: eSeMeS1K2 ]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts