Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 99 750..? I did a search..
and Jeff said he "thought" they would..because the new rear rims are 5.5, and not 6.0 like the 99 rear rim..Being that I need to replace both of my rims(soon as the insur.co. gives me a check) I thought I'd check..seems like there's more 00-02 stuff out there, than SRAD stuff....So, if you know for absolutly sure, please let me know..also, if any of ya's have some rims, grey, or black prefered, and not painted..and want to sell them, I'll be lookin very soon, prolly in 10 days or so..TIA..
 

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
Joined
·
88,756 Posts
i have my buddies bike in my garage ill go measure the rim hubs and compare them to mine ill be right back
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by mpdgsxr1000:
i have my buddies bike in my garage ill go measure the rim hubs and compare them to mine ill be right back
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Dam dude..your fast..
And thanks..
 

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
Joined
·
88,756 Posts
look at the bike i ride and you couldnt figure that out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by mpdgsxr1000:
look at the bike i ride and you couldnt figure that out
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
K..so what are the measurments..?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,048 Posts
seems like there's more 00-02 stuff out there, than SRAD stuff....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">well, to be picky hamm, the newest styles are srads also, (2nd generation) utilizing the ram air direct theory for induction.....,

jus wanna give a shout out to a good thing here, SRAD!!

LOLOLOL

ps- what happened to your rims anyway????

(u might wanna think bout going with a lighter (newest srads are a ili lighter) rim.....ive heard good things bout doin such

scott
 

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
Joined
·
88,756 Posts
rear looks like it should fit no prob front youll have to make a couple spacers since the rims are 1/4" difference
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by mpdgsxr1000:
rear looks like it should fit no prob front youll have to make a couple spacers since the rims are 1/4" difference
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well I know the width is different for the rear..did ya look at the front..?

And eSe..I was talkin about the rims..
Plastic's and stuff..there's plenty out there..


Uh..had a little mishap last Sat.. had to run over a curb to avoid hitting someone on a bike..did a mini highside, and messed up a few parts..like a nice sized dent in my tank, from the crown jewels..man.that hurt..
 

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
Joined
·
88,756 Posts
i didnt measure the outside rim width just where it mounts since thats whats important
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by mpdgsxr1000:
i didnt measure the outside rim width just where it mounts since thats whats important
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well, on mine I have about 8 13/16" at the mounting point..front was about 5 3/4"..
 

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
Joined
·
88,756 Posts
front on my rim is 5 5/8 on his i got 5 7/8 on my rear i got 8 13/16 and on his rear i got 8 13/16
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by mpdgsxr1000:
front on my rim is 5 5/8 on his i got 5 7/8 on my rear i got 8 13/16 and on his rear i got 8 13/16
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Cool..
those should work, no problem then..

Thanks...
 

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
Joined
·
88,756 Posts
so from what i see the front youll have to come up with some spacers to get the correct alinment and use some washers to get the right spacing of the rotors
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by mpdgsxr1000:
so from what i see the front youll have to come up with some spacers to get the correct alinment and use some washers to get the right spacing of the rotors
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yup, but that won't be hard..then again, I might luck out and find some older rims..
 

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
Joined
·
88,756 Posts
you can get the newer rims cheap enough try them just for the weight savings alone
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by mpdgsxr1000:
you can get the newer rims cheap enough try them just for the weight savings alone
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">good point, I forgot about the weight difference..
 

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
Joined
·
88,756 Posts
can you do me a favor? im looking for a frame for my race bike so if you can look for a decent frame for me for a 96-2000 gsxr 600 or 750 and let me know
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by mpdgsxr1000:
can you do me a favor? im looking for a frame for my race bike so if you can look for a decent frame for me for a 96-2000 gsxr 600 or 750 and let me know
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sure can. There's a salavge place about 20 miles from me, where I might be going to find some parts, I know they have frames..not certian about how good their prices are though..I'll also be going to GMD..they might have a line on one..I'll let ya know asap, if I find something..
 

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
Joined
·
88,756 Posts
cool ive been looking for the last couple months around here and its dry as far as frames go let me know
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by mpdgsxr1000:
cool ive been looking for the last couple months around here and its dry as far as frames go let me know
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Just so I don't give any usless leads..is there a certian price you wanna pay..?
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top