Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys,

Just moved to S. Florida from NYC and I can finally allow myself to get a bike. Ill be buying a 600 which should be more than enough for a long time. Im not looking to race, stunt, or showoff. I just simply want to use it for transportation and simple enjoyment when Im going somewhere by myself. Im going to start with the MSF courses first followed by buying good gear. I already have a HJC that I use for tracking my car (twin turbo z06) so Ill need a good mesh jacket and gloves that I can wear in the FL heat. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated..

:cheers

Btw, 26yrs 5'8"/210lbs.

·
Lets go racing!
7,568 Posts
It's hot and humid in Fl, and it does rain in the summer months with the tropical storms. Just get good gear and wear it. U can't go wrong with a gixxer.:cheers Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcomes. I know that leather is the best in protection but I think mesh with armor will be good too. Any specific brands you guys recommend and gloves too.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Mesh is certainly better than nothing. I've never owned one but for gloves, I like Teknic and A*. Make sure you try them on before buying. Sizes seem to vary a lot.

·
Registered
633 Posts
ive crashed in joe rocket textile,and even though it shredded it protected me pretty well.
well enough that i still ride in joe rocket!

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
welcome aboard mate

·
Registered
85 Posts
South Fl is going to be worse with rain than where Im at (central Fl), but during the summer if you have to ride in the afternoon you are going to get wet :) Must be nice living down there though - I have always wanted to ride to the keys...

As far a gear goes, my Alpinestars gloves I just bought have been pretty good - now that they have broken in some they are comfortable, and they let just enough air in to keep your hands from sweating too bad. But at $155 they were not cheap...

The S&S mesh jacket I got is pretty cool too and wasn't priced to badly. With the liner in it stops most of the wind and is warm when its cold outside, and with the liner removed it is cool enough to wear when its hot - perfect for down here...

Ofcourse, you could always ride around in flip-flops and a wife-beater like alot of other douchebags do:hammer

-Matt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts