Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so excited to order fairings and they finally arrived. Love the color too! Unfortunately the front left fairing tab was broken, paint was missing on some areas, no clear coat on paint and no clear coat over the stickers to keep them from peeling off prematurely, tank cover looked very rough as well (felt like sanding it down so it looked right). The only pic I don't have is of the tank cover. Not the quality they led me to believe they would be. The tab that was broken was either a manufacturer defect and or repaired at the factory as you can see the bumpyness to it and all the other tabs were smooth and looked great took pic of the same tab of the right side fairing to show the smoothness to it. They offered me $50 then $60 back and after I opened a paypal dispute they offered $100. Paypal told me I had to pay for shipping back to them to get refunded, but it's to exensive to pay to have them shipped back... This isn't the quality that I was led to believe they were going to be. I have seen mostly favorable responses from people who received fairings from Auctmarts, but I didn't.

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
Not nice, but thank you for sharing, always try to guide people away from aftermarket. Prefer secondhand oem even if they need paint.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,931 Posts
Call PayPal and tell them that you’re willing to ship them back, but at the seller’s expense. And that the shipping would cost most of the money back, which makes no sense.
They may help you out

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Just_Nick....I did do that and explained it to paypal representative and he said they could only give me a full refund if I sent them back and I had to pay to send them back.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
This topic has been beat to death! You are taking a big risk getting those auctfart fairings. Its too bad you didn’t see any of the conversions about this. You might as well just send them back if you dont even like the quality of the paint itself.

·
Registered
206 Posts
A little common sense and an understanding of paint/body work and it becomes very clear what your expectations should be for a $400 SET of fairings. Plus heat shield, decals, and several come with free windscreens. You could easily wrap up that much in paint, tape, sandpaper and chemicals.
If you don't have the money to buy once, you darn sure don't have it to buy twice. Lesson learned and now you won't be worried about throwing it down the road again.

·
Administrator
13,501 Posts
I literally just posted the other day my experience with buying aftermarket fairings for my R1.
I’m satisfied , but it’s a gamble ... do more research next time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts