Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a full Hindle exhaust with a PC111 usb. After a trip this weekend, I noticed that when I slow down at times, there was a little popping or "backfiring". I loaded the map that Dynojet offered for my bike (2003 1K with stock air filter, full Hindle). Is this to be expected with a new exhaust without the exhaust valve, or do I need to find a better map more specific for my bike? The map I need is for a 2004 1K, K&N, full HIndle race system, TRE. Any help? Thanks....J

·
Super Moderator
17,213 Posts
I recently installed a full Hindle exhaust with a PC111 usb. After a trip this weekend, I noticed that when I slow down at times, there was a little popping or "backfiring". I loaded the map that Dynojet offered for my bike (2003 1K with stock air filter, full Hindle). Is this to be expected with a new exhaust without the exhaust valve, or do I need to find a better map more specific for my bike? The map I need is for a 2004 1K, K&N, full HIndle race system, TRE. Any help? Thanks....J
Popping on "decel" is normal.
With your set up, custom mapping is the way to go..

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
yeah, ihad the popping as well. it is from excess fuel firing in the exhaust. get your bike custom mapped and you will be okay. good luck!

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
it is not bad for the bike, i actually know some people who tune it to be like that so they can have the cool sound.

·
Registered
12,388 Posts
The excess popping if from the pair system.....it adds fresh air to the exhaust pipes so you still have unburnt gasses inthe pipe combusting.

DO NOT do the typical pair mod
, instead just cap off the reed valves and remove the rest of the shit.

The popping will decrease by 80%.

The pops from two 500cc jugs is annoying as hell on the RC, after the pair blockoff it is totally fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts