Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the middle of installing a 530 ek chain and afam sprockets 17 t front and 44 t rear on an 06 gsxr 1000. The problem that I'm running into is, with 112 links of the chain my adjusters will show three lines or less on the swingarm. But with 110 links of the chain there will be like 7 or 8 lines showing. Has anyone else had this problem? If so which way did you choose to go? Any help will be much appreciated!!!! Have to put it back together tonight so I can make it to work tommarro!!! THANKS!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
I used to run 110 links with the rear axle in the stock position. The Yoshimura racebikes run 114 links, with their mega-dollar 3cm longer-than-stock Yosh swingarm. I now have a 520 ERV3 chain using 112 links. I have found that is the very most that you can run and still have enough space to handle a small amount of stretching of the chain. That cured the bike's wheelie tendencies.:D

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I could never get my longer-wheelbase to handle/steer correctly....had to go back to stock wheelbase.
I know if you stretch it, it ios better, I just couldn't figure out the geometry to get it to work right.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
I'm using a longer chain in conjunction with Tillerpilot's +2mm eccentric adjusters, that raised the swingarm pivot closer to the countershaft sprocket center. It also raises the rear end 3mm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.