Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Impressive!!!!!! That's enough Topend to get 19+ zx10r. Which sprint F1? Who makes the cams? Intake and Ext?

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually the highest a new zx10 has been on our dyno was 193, - so it isnt even close it is a custom web intake to our spec. 2nd generation. with HTP springs and degreed.
i would like to try same set up with out a ported head.

jason

·
Registered
161 Posts
actually the highest a new zx10 has been on our dyno was 193, - so it isnt even close it is a custom web intake to our spec. 2nd generation. with HTP springs and degreed.
i would like to try same set up with out a ported head.

jason
Well on the dyno near us, my 18 RSV4RR makes 200hp even, My buddies 18 L7 1000R with full exhaust/custom tone made 194whp and 2009/2020 Zx10r with 3/4 exhaust and custom tune make 195 to 207 Most making 202 ish average. I just bought 2020 l7 just still breaking it in but I might hit you up for cams and I just want bolt in no head work.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you have to at least shave the head / thin head gasket the compression needs a bump for the cams to work, you would have the head off anyway to put the springs in (absolutely necc.) you would also have to be able to degree the cam, when i got this one the base was indexed 21 degrees out - so it took quite a bit of time to figure out.

i dynoed a rsv 4rf a couple weeks ago it made 192 with full exhaust and race ecu. - our dyno reads a bit low compared to some. like the stock one in the comparison it is the same bike with no cam/ head or mwr stuff. it made 185.

jason

·
Registered
46 Posts
@jason, that looks good,
was the ecu flashed in the before run? meaning that all the gains are purely due to cam change ?

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes the ecu was flashed and it was tuned to the bike about 8 months ago - but the before run was done in January to be accurate. the cam, head work, air filter and mwr stacks was the difference.
(the mwr stacks would have been above 13500 keeping the power up instead of dropping off not most of the gain).

jason

·
Registered
161 Posts
you have to at least shave the head / thin head gasket the compression needs a bump for the cams to work, you would have the head off anyway to put the springs in (absolutely necc.) you would also have to be able to degree the cam, when i got this one the base was indexed 21 degrees out - so it took quite a bit of time to figure out.

i dynoed a rsv 4rf a couple weeks ago it made 192 with full exhaust and race ecu. - our dyno reads a bit low compared to some. like the stock one in the comparison it is the same bike with no cam/ head or mwr stuff. it made 185.

jason

Race ECU does not make really any more peak power on RSV4. My RSV4 Dyno stock at 184. Then 200 with OFT tablet flash. Dang cams are just not drop in items?

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they could be if i timed them in an engine before sending out. - but no they dont come set up. plus you should check your piston to valve clearance these have a very high lift

jason

·
Premium Member
686 Posts

jason

Hey Jason,is the VVT sprocket 20+ degrees variable? Say you degree the cam at 90° CL will it end up at 110° at the revlimiter?

Thanks,Nik

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no it only moves 7 degrees i said it was indexed 21 degrees off witch means when you just put the cam in it started at 129 degrees lc (it would move to 136 lc) so the bike probably wouldnt even run if you bothered to try. i had to figure out and move it around to get it at the numbers that i wanted - took several trys and a bunch of math. - you cant just drop them in and go.

jason

·
Registered
33 Posts
looking good mate. what cams is that? do you have a picture of the porting of the head? looks like it wanna go 15k rpm ;) i think that you can get more mid range if the fueling gets mapped for it, should be around 12-12.8 afr. 5-9k.

happy easter all :)

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
when i went down to 12 .5 - it made 2-4 hp less. i will generally move the fueling around until i get it where it is happy. sorry wont post the secrets. the head is KWS pro. (shaved.)

jason

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,074 Posts
Good stuff Jason!!!!!!! Well over 200
seeing as you have a factory freak i vote you go next :D

awesome gains, all looks really good, and the midrange power drop is minimal, very rare you'll be accelerating through that other than from a stop anyhow....
anyone tried porting throttle bodies etc yet?
ported head and this set of secret cams seems to wake it the hell up.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no, haven't tried boring throttle bodies - honestly with the electronics it scares me a bit they are expensive.

jason

1 - 20 of 23 Posts