Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

Technically I am "new" to the forum. That being said, since getting my 2018 GSXR750 almost a year ago, I have visited this site more times than I can count! The amount of useful information on this site is unreal and I am glad to be a part of it! I have been riding for nine years now, with my first bike being a 92 Suzuki Katana. While I loved her with all my heart, I eventually upgraded to my current GSXR and man was that an upgrade! I am fairly good with doing the basic maintenance on bikes and while many of you could completely destroy me in bike knowledge, I am definitely eager to learn as much as I can! I am currently doing a master's program so I am unable to afford track days, but eventually I would love to be able to open her up and see her true potential! Currently I have full tank grips, fender eliminator, mid pipe with a M4 GP slip-on, and a PC-5. Looks and runs like a beauty, and worth every dollar!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Welcome aboard!
My last bike was a 91 Katana. Loved it, but finally decided fuel injection was better than monthly carb-cleanings...
Share some pics of the ride when you can!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would share some pics, but as it turns out, the 1990's look of this website apparently applies to its infrastructure as well! haha I have not been able to correctly upload a single photo so far, nor can I get permissions to change half of my profile. A shame they haven't put any effort into the site

·
Super Moderator
14,938 Posts
Welcome. There are a handful of ex-Katana boys around here so you're in good company. :grin2:

·
Registered
229 Posts
First big bike was a 1991 Kan-o-tuna 750; night and day difference to a modern bike. I recall during a trackday a friend let me ride his '05 CBR 600RR, I was taking it easy as it was not my bike, but even then I was doing 4-5 seconds less per lap on a small track.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The difference was actually insane. I didn't realize quite how drastic it was until I got back on the Katana when I was selling it. I rode it around the block to show that it still ran and I was like "holy crap I can barely ride this thing" despite almost eight years of riding on it. It was like riding a tank down the street! Not to mention the EFI and other goodies that the old Katana didn't have. But considering I got the Katana for just 1800 bucks, it was probably the best bang for my buck deal I ever got!

·
Registered
229 Posts
"Like riding a tank"; well, the Katana is pretty much a 2 wheeled tank! To be honest it is one of the smoothest bikes I've ever rode; still dream of buying another one for sport touring duties.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very true actually. I loved it for a first bike. It was amazing and ran true for years. I just neglected some of the maintenance for a while so it was running off. The guy who bought it immediately noticed at high speeds

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
FastAndStupid
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing