Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello ,
thought this a good place to start being a new boy etc.
live in england norfolk to be exact the roads are shit but the people are ok.
originally a londoner though, roads good ,,,people shit.
wtf :wtfhappened to the oldskool site????.

building a 78 gs750 at the moment and fitting gsxr running gear and engine ,an old oil cooled model which to cut to the chase is why have registered here.
because i am am a bit in the dark on the carb sibe of stuff with the new engine ,
it is running flatslides, very tricky especially the enrichment pumps so all and any info or guidance/experience would be wonderfull,
also any info in dumping the dampers on the forks in the respect of what sort of bypass do i run and how if i blank off the old ports???mmmmmmnnn?.
anyways hi y`all,
stay the right side up and be good if you can ,,,,,
always found that hard myself .
mark
:bitchslap

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Welcome mate...bike sounds gorgeous

As for the oldskool Suzuki site, you need to email an admin person to get "in" for starters, yes, its a right bloody faff.

the email address I used was [email protected] , the chap who mailed me is called "Jelly" ...No, im not pulling you leg..

·
I'm Sticking Around
1,665 Posts
hello ,
thought this a good place to start being a new boy etc.
live in england norfolk to be exact the roads are shit but the people are ok.
originally a londoner though, roads good ,,,people shit.
wtf :wtfhappened to the oldskool site????.

building a 78 gs750 at the moment and fitting gsxr running gear and engine ,an old oil cooled model which to cut to the chase is why have registered here.
because i am am a bit in the dark on the carb sibe of stuff with the new engine ,
it is running flatslides, very tricky especially the enrichment pumps so all and any info or guidance/experience would be wonderfull,
also any info in dumping the dampers on the forks in the respect of what sort of bypass do i run and how if i blank off the old ports???mmmmmmnnn?.
anyways hi y`all,
stay the right side up and be good if you can ,,,,,
always found that hard myself .
mark
:bitchslap
Welcome, I've got an 82/750T and keeping it stock. Good luck with the build. Got pics?

Welcome mate...bike sounds gorgeous

As for the oldskool Suzuki site, you need to email an admin person to get "in" for starters, yes, its a right bloody faff.

the email address I used was [email protected] , the chap who mailed me is called "Jelly" ...No, im not pulling you leg..
So, what's this then if it's not GSR?

Ed

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hello again,
thank you for all the hellos
trying to upload photos so not sure if this will work so here goes,
yes the exhaust is mick but everything on this bike is my own work,,,nothing farmed out mainly because of funds and stubborness,
i am a bit further along now ,
everything satin black and cheap(ish)
it has been a bitch of a build so far but hey its not arriving its the journey ,,,,right????.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
but if anyone can answer the questions that would be nice,

1.how to remove the front fork dampers and fit blanking plates??? do i need bypass.

2.Need to read the rules regarding WTB/WTS

3.loads of forums subject matter on which carbs fit but as i say i have a very limited budget and i am not looking for rocket ship performance. so what will fit (no b***hit please)??.

4.and finally can i use the "green type dyna coils on the standard ecu without blowing its guts out???.

will i get one of these :bitchslap off admin for fishing for bits???.
if so sorry in advance :frantic.

thanks in advance
love to you all,
mark :suicide

·
Registered
16 Posts
but if anyone can answer the questions that would be nice,

1.how to remove the front fork dampers and fit blanking plates??? do i need bypass.

2.Need to read the rules regarding WTB/WTS

3.loads of forums subject matter on which carbs fit but as i say i have a very limited budget and i am not looking for rocket ship performance. so what will fit (no b***hit please)??.

4.and finally can i use the "green type dyna coils on the standard ecu without blowing its guts out???.

will i get one of these :bitchslap off admin for fishing for bits???.
if so sorry in advance :frantic.

thanks in advance
love to you all,
mark :suicide
ps imeant variable fromt fork damper removal.

·
I'm Sticking Around
1,665 Posts
hello again,
thank you for all the hellos
trying to upload photos so not sure if this will work so here goes,
yes the exhaust is mick but everything on this bike is my own work,,,nothing farmed out mainly because of funds and stubborness,
i am a bit further along now ,
everything satin black and cheap(ish)
it has been a bitch of a build so far but hey its not arriving its the journey ,,,,right????.
Bike looks good...not cheap...just a work in progress.

I'm very interested in this build...I hope you get SOUND advice for the questions you are asking.

Ed

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
I'm going move this to vintage bikes as this is the starting line for new member introductions, not for build threads/technical questions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
read the rules didnt understand them ,just as i always read the instructions but never follow them if you do, fun is thus an incuberment to lifes rich laughter and voyage of discovery and boundries.
big bruvver:hammer is always somewhere!:shifty

·
I'm Sticking Around
1,665 Posts
read the rules didnt understand them ,just as i always read the instructions but never follow them if you do, fun is thus an incuberment to lifes rich laughter and voyage of discovery and boundries.
big bruvver:hammer is always somewhere!:shifty
Meh, you'll be fine.

I've referenced the same question highlighted...just fugetaboutit.

More (Moar!) pics of your build pls!

Ed

·
Registered
666 Posts
Good luck on your project, you may need to find a similar parts bike also, as hunting down each part will take forever & cost a lot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts