Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts

Yoshimura, Akrapovič are good. I would suggest relocating your rectifier from behind the radiator to the side. Your bike also has a front master cylinder recall so make sure it is taken care of or get it done.

·
2 > 4
371 Posts
^ x2.

Looks clean! Just go enjoy the ride before hacking it up. Mods will come when you realize what you want/need. It's already a beautiful, street-legal racebike :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
as far as a slipon I liked the stock exhaust sound but it cracked on me. So I cheaped out and ordered a Delkevic for like 180 shipped, it's loud but sounds good. Fit perfect over 2k miles no issues. Even removing the cat without a tune I can't feel a difference in power. Yoshi is quieter and has a tuned sound than Akro, but Akro sounds like a f1 car from the 90s at full blast. My cheap Delkevic Sounds like a 90s sport bike on carbs, I kinda like it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yoshimura, Akrapovič are good. I would suggest relocating your rectifier from behind the radiator to the side. Your bike also has a front master cylinder recall so make sure it is taken care of or get it done.

Have considered akrapovic since i had good experience with it before on my z900 and MT-07.
All the recall is taken care of by the previous owner so thats good! :)

But thx for the reply!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ x2.

Looks clean! Just go enjoy the ride before hacking it up. Mods will come when you realize what you want/need. It's already a beautiful, street-legal racebike :)
Yeah! its pretty clean.
Just doing some small mods like clutch / brake levers and changeing the windshield (its to big now).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
as far as a slipon I liked the stock exhaust sound but it cracked on me. So I cheaped out and ordered a Delkevic for like 180 shipped, it's loud but sounds good. Fit perfect over 2k miles no issues. Even removing the cat without a tune I can't feel a difference in power. Yoshi is quieter and has a tuned sound than Akro, but Akro sounds like a f1 car from the 90s at full blast. My cheap Delkevic Sounds like a 90s sport bike on carbs, I kinda like it.
Same with me. I dont like the stock exhaust the sound is not great when riding. I have good experience with akra on my previous bikes but its very expensive.

·
Super Moderator
14,999 Posts
First thing I thought to myself, "wow...that's clean!" We appreciate older bikes that haven't been ragged teh fuck out with custom extensions, auto zone pipes and light kits. I really would like to have that gen 600. Looks like you've found a clean one and judging by your past choice in bikes, I'm sure you won't fuck it up. :cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First thing I thought to myself, "wow...that's clean!" We appreciate older bikes that haven't been ragged teh fuck out with custom extensions, auto zone pipes and light kits. I really would like to have that gen 600. Looks like you've found a clean one and judging by your past choice in bikes, I'm sure you won't fuck it up. :cheers
Totally agree. The bike looks very good original, so you i dont have to do much with it.
Only small changes like new windshield and handles

1 - 12 of 12 Posts