Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just got my new baby home, an 2001 GSXR 600. I was wondering if any of you could direct me towards finding recomended suspension settings for a 175# rider. The bike is bone stock so I am also curious about "must have mods". Anyone want to help me out? Also I am returning to street after about 15 years off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I will check that out. Do you have an opinion on which brake pads, Ferodo,EBC? I have seen the brake lines, do they give better modulation or feel? As far as slip-ons I thought that you could get some performance gains, not just noise.

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Thanks. I will check that out. Do you have an opinion on which brake pads, Ferodo,EBC? I have seen the brake lines, do they give better modulation or feel? As far as slip-ons I thought that you could get some performance gains, not just noise.

SS lines give you a more Positive feel, as the lines don't swell...better braking.

Both are good pads, depending on which ones you choose, lots of riders use the EBC HH sintered pads, o.k. for the street, not so great for the track...Ferodo's are worth checking into, as are Vesrah's..

A slip on will give you all of 1 hp...it's mostly for looks,and an increase in sound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts