Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new bike and some q\'s about it...

hey's guys, just purchased a 1987 gsxr 750...it's kickin...but the guy who had it before new absolutely nothing about bikes...so...i've got some questions about what this bike has one it...
it's got these little k&n filter pods on each of the carbs...what jet kit is this?
also, it's got a v+h slip on...but it looks like stock pipes...i'll post some pics as soon as i get a chance...i don't have any batteries in my digital right now.

and finally, can someone give me some info/specs about my bike?

rock on
-wil

·
Registered
288 Posts
Re: new bike and some q\'s about it...

If it was done right it sounds like you have a stage 3 jet kit on since you see individual pod filters- these kits usually involve different needles and main jets- alternately, one of the previous owners may have just had the filters put on with a aftermarket header and then had it dyno'd to obtain the correct jetting- whether you have stock carbs or not is another story- the stock one had an inside diameter of 29 mm- the optimal carb according to many sources is the 36 mm Mikuni CV carb. You'll find more info on your bike at GSXRhouse

[ 09-02-2001: Message edited by: Talisian ]

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
Re: new bike and some q\'s about it...

the u.s. 87 750 came with 34mm cv carbs......the r house specs are for european bikes. i think their site is in the netherlands.

[ 09-02-2001: Message edited by: jeff ]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts