Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning Suzy riders!

I am a new rider and new to this site and am looking for help to get my 1977 Gs750 on the road. I bought this bike in May and have been working on it all summer. To make a long story short. I am having some difficulties with bench syncing the vm26mm mikuni carbs for this bike. Once I get these benches synced I will need to tune the air and idle set screws. The bike came with K&N air pods and open 4 into 1 pipe. This is what I have read and done so far. Floats are set @ 25.5mm heights the idle screw set at 1 1/2 turn and the air screw @ 1 full turn. The valves have been shimmed to the correct specs. All valve shims are between the factory specs .003'' to .0015". Plugs were new, but are getting all carboned up and soaked with fuel from bad starts because the carbs are not set right. This is how I've been syncing the carbs. Loosen off the adjusting screws above the slides and needle. (all the way out) then adjust them fully closed, once I've set all 4 then I use a safety pin that is .075mm in diameter and turn the idle set screw in until the needle slides under the lowest set slide. Then adjust the other three to match. I then installed the carbs. Once on the head and the sync meters hooked up I tried several time trying to get this bike to run smooth! Every time when the bike does decide to fire up it run like krapola! It does not seem to be firing on all 4 cylinders, the exashst ports are soaked and the plugs are as well! I've tried adjusting the carbs while it's running, but every time it just gets worse then what the first initial setup was. Please any help would be grately appreciated. What is it that I'm pucking up?:gaah

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,127 Posts
Moved, you won't get much help in the Test Area - it's for drafts, really.

You can also PM the member ccmhunt - he's pretty damn good with carbs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts