Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up guys? I am picking up my new 600 at Action Motorsports tonight so I just wanted to say hi and ask if anyone had any links or suggestions on break-in.

Thank you, Jesse

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
If you are buying from action motorsports in OC make sure you buy from Ernie. He's the one with the leopard colored head. Tell him Rob sent you. It won't get you a discount but it keeps me in his good graces

Anyways. There are 2 routes to take when breaking in the bike. The manufactures way and the racers way. Follow the manual for the former way, take your bike to EDR performance for the later.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Welcome. Where are you located?

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm straight across the river in the east side of Vancouver.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm in OC but I ride out to gresham to visit some friends...

We should all g2g and go riding sometime this week or this weekend maybe? Anyone down?
I dont know very many people around here with bikes that I can actually go ride with so, anyone wants to go ride lemme know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ya that would be fun! Im free this weekend, after i get my ENGAGEMENT RING!!!!!!!!!! (sorry, little bit excited!!!) But going out this weekend is pretty weather depending, anyone know what its supposed to be like this weekend? Im still learning to ride right now so i'll be riding bitch if we go out.. i could get a few friends that ride to to come with us... who do you know around gresham? Its a pretty small place and i was born and raised here

talk to you soon!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea Brett helped me out at Action. Good dealin! I might be around this weekend, if so I wouldnt mind going for a ride.... now with the new bike!

I am so stoked on it. 200 miles already in 2 days. Already changd oil at 120. Some people say anal bu, I saw... why not?

·
Registered
9 Posts
What color did you buy? We bought a Black/Silver... Had it for 3 weeks and just hit 200 Miles, were both workaholics, it sucks hardley any time to ride lately with graduations, family events, fathers day, WORK, and every other possible thing that could come up has... Plus no plates with just our permits makes us kinda wary... BTW... anyone going to be taking the MSF course anytime soon, id love to go with a friendly face rather than all by my lonesome!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Don't worry about not having plates. Just make sure to have your trip permit in your wallet along with proof of insurance and you will be fine..

·
Registered
474 Posts
My wife (AngiiRockinC) is taking the MSF course in Washington the weekend of July 1. Unfortunately the gixxer is in the shop getting fitted with a new exhaust, but we could 2 up on my Bandit.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I went with the blue. Picked it up on monday and today I hit 300 miles on the way to work. Theres been a few late nighters this week!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Ok so this weekend is pretty much over.. nice weekend but didnt have to much to ride. I might try to get some riding in tonight after work if the weather is still decent, if anyone wants to go lemme know i get off at 5, other than that, anyone want to go for a ride this coming friday or saturday if its nice?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Huh yeah, we were talking about meeting up.. a while ago.

The Northweast fourum is pretty dead now, sounded like there was plenty around then...?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts