Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys ,

I am in need of assistance from u gixxer folk. I own a 76 kawasaki streetfighter with a 91 gsxr 750 front end (forks,brakes,rim,hugger)

the rotors are getting a little warped and I want to replace them..along w/the pads.
what other years will fit on this and where are some good places to look for aftermarket gixxer rotors and pads. I guss the main question is what other rotors and pads are a straight swap for this front end. I ask this because I would also like to ebay the parts as well but want to know i will get the right parts. Thanks in advance.

scooch

·
3,484 Posts
Maybe someone will back me up on this, but I think 88-92/750 and 89-92/1100 slingshot rotors will work. Some have slots some are crossdrilled. The slabsides have a different offset and wouldn't line up with the calipers. EBC stil makes Pro-lite rotors for em as well, and another place does too I think it's called Hard Braking?

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
When I put 89 rims on my 87 1100, I used my '87 rotors. I had to use a file and slot the mounting holes on the rotors. I had no problem with the rotors clearing the calipers, but I do have to unbolt the rotors and Calipers just to get the wheel off. I have had it like this for 15 years, so I know it can be done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts