Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all...i just bought a y/b 600 last november. its my first sportbike, but have been riding 125 and 250cc bikes for about 5 to 6 years. anyway, i've loved the bike so far but i've had a problem with the clearcoat coming off the fuel tank. i don't have a picture, but i had to remove the tankpad because it was coming off on one end and i think that it took off some of the paint. has anyone else had this problem? if anything, does anyone have a suggestion? i'm used to bikes where the looks don't matter so much so it isn't that big a deal, but thought someone with more experience could lend a hand. thanks.
kd

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
Is it just coming off where that tank pad was then?

If I were you I might put a little nail polish or dab a bit of primer on the tank where that paint is peeling off to keep it covered and get a better tank pad. If you care about the bikes looks I highly reccomend a tank pad as zipper from the jacket, belt buckle ect will scratch the hell out of the tank. Excpecially if you are riding 2 up

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is the clear coat sticking at all? Is the paint color fading? Try using a sealant/polish. A friend of mine tried some new stuff called Steel Bike Polish on his faded paint and the stuff is awesome. Go to their web site and ask them if they have any tips, maybe they can help you out. The site is www.kaimansteel.com

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts