Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, Hope I found the right spot to post my question for a bit of help...Just purchased a new 2020 GSX-750, I’ve only put just over 100 miles on it, so far I really like the bike. There is one thing I’ve noticed while driving, when shifting from 1-2nd I see the green neutral indicator blink on for a split second, I also see it during downshifts from 2nd to 1st gear, of course it’s not actually going into neutral. I’ve tried stopping with the clutch pulled and downshifting to 1st and it still blinks between 2-1, the numeric indicator never shows N unless I’v put it into neutral. I’ve searched the manual and found nothing, called my dealer and the service guy said he “thinks” it’s normal. Just curious if other owners have noticed this? Thanks

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,536 Posts
You have to pass through neutral when switching between 1st and 2nd gears. So for a split second, you are technically in neutral.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, my last old Buell was bare bones...good to know, these digital dashes are great

·
Registered
30 Posts
Tell us what the GSX-S750 goes and feels like. I know you said you've only doen 100 miles so far but have you got any initial comments on it yet.?

Al

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have 12,000 miles on my '18 GSX-S750. I really like it, the suspension is surprisingly good for the bike's price point; it only becomes a problem if you're really pushing it. The engine has enough power to have some serious fun with, I guess you could use more power but with a naked bike I think more power would only go to waste as it would only make a difference past 100mph. The brakes are surprisingly good as well, calipers are the same as the 1300cc B-King and the master cylinder seems to be the same as the one on the SV650... You wouldn't believe that master cylinder could work as well given its origins.

There are a few things I dont like, but all of them are personal opinions, to some people they are not problems... The seat is awful, currently looking at aftermarket seats. There is vibration at high RPMs that can get my hands numb, I will test the GSX-S1000 handlebar as it is aluminum instead of steel, that should give it different harmonics. The bean counter's work shows in some areas, like having an ABS sticker on the right side but not on the left, the SV650 brake pump, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts