Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the Owner's Manual in front of me even though I don't pick the bike up until tomorrow, and have a question for you busa guys. Oil filter changes: on my K3 1000 it instructs you to just remove the right fairing (even though you really don't have to) inorder to change the oil filter. In the Busa manual it talks you through removing BOTH left and right fairings under the "change oil and filter section". Is this so, or do you need to just take the right or left off inorder to get at the filter?
Thanx in advance!!
Jim.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yep. Just the right side and its not a nice job the first time. Make sure you tape the forward edge so you don't scratch it putting it back on or else have a helper. A trap door would have been nice.

I'm going to try AZ's method next time.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the responses! Sounds like a great idea AZgixxercannon mentioned, I'll do it that way!! Cool! Have a safe weekend guys, I'm on my way to pick 'er up soon!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love it! My son has a digital camera and is coming over tomorrow to take a pic or two for me. When I drove her home from the dealership the first thing I immediately noticed was how much more comfortable it is compared to the K3 1000! I took my initial break in ride up towards Virginia City today, lots of hills and sweepers to vary speed and load/unload for proper break in. I spent the entire day Saturday waxing and detaiing this baby. My dealer knows how anal I am about new bikes; in the crate, zero miles on the odometer and not letting anyone clean it up before delivery, I enjoy doing all that myself. HA, they even left the protective plastic on the windscreen for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts