Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
jeffw said:

Well gee, what such a great place to post pic of such sheer crap. Thanks Mr
, you have re-affirmed our first impression of Yamaha owners.
Tell us how you really feel Jeff!!!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
another pic

I think is looks good..... hope the powers up and stearing damp comes stock....

good job yami..... 05 all the suzi will have an undertail tooo....

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
It really is comical to read, mostly from *some* guys that have an 03 1k, things like "I think I'll keep my 03" or "it's still not going to beat an 03' 1K" Or better yet, why do kids that never even sat on a bike say "the gixxer 1000 is king and the R1 sucks"

It really seems as though that guys (who say these things) are so insecure about anyone having a bike that is better looking, makes a little more power, has a newer trick part like an underseat exhaust, that they bash the bike based on a picture.......you know I really can't blame you guys so much for making such glaring generalizations about a bike that's not even out yet because the the American mags...it's their fault. They do so many shootouts, and I'm not knocking shootouts; they're great, but when they pick a winner, everyone goes out and buys that bike; the big four know this, and they bank on it; believe it. Why are all of them going the underseat route all of the sudden? Coincidence? Nope...they don't want to appear "not with it"....underseat exhaustas have been here since the Duc 916 and in earlier Honda's even....
Remember when about 85% of the guys that posted about the 03' 1k's nose being "ugly" "hideous" and too "busa-like".....well that did'nt stop sales of the bike after it won every shootout. Again, the 150hp 1k is a great bike but it does'nt "beat" R1's, the 954'....the rider does this ..........oh forget it........damn,,,,it'd just be nice to see people appreciate a bike for what it is instead of trying to compete with its specs constantly..........I hear it all the time from squids, things like: "the gixxer 1000 is the king and the R1 sucks"......now why would these kids (college kids no less) that never rode a bike say something like this....what are they basing this opinion on...their myriad experience in the turns.....hmmmmm?
The Italian manufacturers at least don't play this game......but they do play others....cough*overpriced exclusivity*cough.... Go ahead flame away......but if you have a legitimate thing to say about a bike's negative appeal - and plenty of smart ppl in this post do I think - then more power to ya but some guys I think get wrapped up in the spec competition game and life's just too short........mod your bike or go ride it!

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I don't make generalizations. I've ridden all three and I've been on the track with the other two behind me. I also have been to the shops to see what they cost (maintenance as well). The 954 rattles the shit off your bag and you can't read the clocks properly. The R1 is a bitch to work on and vibrates way too much as well for a bike of "refinement". It felt fast (not as fast as the G1K) sure but didn't have the crispness in the controls that I like from Suzuki ergos.

I still ride my "pretty" 03. Your opinion matters too. But mine is that I liek to ride a biek that feels good and goes good and is easy to work on. Not looks good for the ladies.

Funny thing is.. when we all meet up someplace.. all the ladies like the 03 blue/white G1K WAY more than the other bikes. Not sure why. Maybe it's just where we live.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I think the R1 has always been the best looking liter bike out there. I buy what's fast! In '98 I bought the R1, in '99 I bought a red/black one. Then the Gix came out in '01 and bought one. Then the '03 came out and bought one. If the R1 is faster next year, I guess I'll be switching. Don't flame all these people on brand loyalty. As long as everybody is riding who cares.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
About all these bikes with the undertail exhausts. Do they have any storage space?? Where do you put your disk lock, wallet. phone??

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yamaha sure knows how to make a good looking bike. In my opinion it is the best looking big bore 4 so far. The under brace swing arm really looks good but might be easier to damage than a top brace design. It is obvious that styling was a high priority with this bike. Not that that is bad, the Duc 916 turned out pretty well! I am more than happy with my 03 Gixxer which I would choose over R1, ZX10 & 1000RR. I wonder if Honda will suprise everyone with a new production RC bike.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Quote: About all these bikes with the undertail exhausts. Do they have any storage space?? Where do you put your disk lock, wallet. phone??

I was thinking the same thing. And, I wonder on hot summer days how your butt will feel sitting on that "hot seat' ?? Damn good looking bike though!!! I'll throw in my vote for the R1 being the best looking liter bike so far.

·
Registered
415 Posts
cosworth said:
Underseat exhaust = ghey.
Why - looks good but you have NO trunk now and your ass DOES get hotter.
Is it possible to have less trunk space than a K3? I can barely fit anything in my trunk. The guys on Hondas seem to have veritable car-sized trunks in comparison.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
gotta admit honda does a nice job interms of roomy trunks

I just wish I could fit a second shield somewhere.... damn it sucks riding home in the dark with a dark tint shield.... but thats just asking too much

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
thefleshrocket said:

cosworth said:
Underseat exhaust = ghey.
Why - looks good but you have NO trunk now and your ass DOES get hotter.
Is it possible to have less trunk space than a K3? I can barely fit anything in my trunk. The guys on Hondas seem to have veritable car-sized trunks in comparison.
Have you seen a 600r trunk? OMG. My phone and insurance would fit. Maybe my wallet.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Each brand has their own design themes. They are all going to be much more bike than 95% of us can handle at the limit. The three new 04's are good looking machines and I still really like my silver 03 1k a lot. The only bike that when I see it say's "gotta have it" is the Fila Duc. But that's just "my" opinion. It's should for 30K. Why can't there just be I prefer this over that rather than this is the best or best looking and the rest are "crap". Sure all of them will have faults but NONE of them will be "crap". I will say that any of the three may out perform my 03 1K in one area or another but NONE of them are going to blow it into the weeds therefore rewriting the liter class standards. That's my $.02.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
I doubt it will be far superior than the 1000, so people can run out and get it no problem and will still get their @ss handed to the them by a rider with balls on whatever bike.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts