Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,047 Posts
Underseat exhaust = ghey.

Why - looks good but you have NO trunk now and your ass DOES get hotter.

I never get tired of hearing this crap from yamaha lovers about "refinement". If you want that go buy a Lexus. I'm here to wreak havoc with my bike and scuff my leathers. That being said these bikes don't look as ugly as they did. they still do nothing to inspire me when they make excuses for performance around "refinement" and "looks". And why do most Yamaha people love the R1 front end yet hate the K3 nose? You'll never see it!

Summation. The Yamaha guys are in love all over again. That's good! Stay off my zook!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
Have to wait on more info before I would call it "Crap" but maybe JeffW already knows the details
I'm not or will ever be brand loyal unless that brand continues to build what I want year after year and after 20+ years no mfg has been able to do that for me yet!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
Looks good, I don't know if its crap either, the last one wasn't bad at all..
Bring on the road tests, I'd like to get an idea of how my moded 01 would stack up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Very Nice I like the Black and Silver. I recently went to a Yamaha dealer and they said it is going to be a real performer. It's equipped with Ram-Air and the works. They think it's going to be better than the Gixxer 1k.




Urbangix
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Woaaah... hrm. That exhaust.. as a Bitch Back Rider... wouldn't that do any damage to the inner thighs
.. have they tested this thing with a passenger.... hehehehe. But I don't have to worry about it anymore (plus I like my own to have solo seats)...... Does look nice... but I'm only 5'2 and won't look at anything over a 600
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
Is that a vented cover for a dry clutch??? Wouldn't that be sweet! The undertail exhausts make sense for a couple of reasons. First, they are out of the airstream, and thus contribute to an aerodynamically cleaner design. Second, they are out of harm's way, which means that your $1600 full titanium Akropovic is safe from damage in most drops/falls.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,081 Posts
cosworth said:

Underseat exhaust = ghey.

Why - looks good but you have NO trunk now and your ass DOES get hotter.

I never get tired of hearing this crap from yamaha lovers about "refinement". If you want that go buy a Lexus. I'm here to wreak havoc with my bike and scuff my leathers. That being said these bikes don't look as ugly as they did. they still do nothing to inspire me when they make excuses for performance around "refinement" and "looks". And why do most Yamaha people love the R1 front end yet hate the K3 nose? You'll never see it!

Summation. The Yamaha guys are in love all over again. That's good! Stay off my zook!
Come on. Have you ever seen an R1 up close? The build quality is at least 2 steps higher than a GSXR. The GSXR is more race bike. I tend to liike performance better than looks as well but hey, I can admit that the R1 is more refined and better built.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,295 Posts
No I dont think it has to details as much as just brand loyalty.

Whats wrong with having a bike with all the goods and have it great looking.

K3 owners already resigned themselves to forgoing the looks to have the best of the rest. But with 04 and everyone stepping up, What do you expect the K3 folks to say not that is officially the ugliest bike of its kind on the planet.

Waht would you do....all the go , stop, and turn but with the look, or all that without....yeah, those Yamaha guys must all be squids.

But on Suzuki's behalf....The r1 has always been fairly evil handling (they all want to tank slap themselves to pieces) for a racebike and is why they have to weld in pieces from the R7 chassis. Maybe they fixed it, maybe they didnt, but wont matter for most folks since they aren't runnig in the top 5 in superbike.

They all have their quirks, but the playing fields is getting very level. But still expect brand loyal types to waive their banners even if they are all about the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
496 Posts
All i have to say is that i buy what is hot and fast.

When i bought my 03 1000 i liked the looks and everything about it.

Now it has grown on me and it looks better then ever


Just like the BUSA. Not everyone likes the way it looks but i do


So buy what you like and be happy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,756 Posts
erixgix said:

No I dont think it has to details as much as just brand loyalty.

Whats wrong with having a bike with all the goods and have it great looking.

K3 owners already resigned themselves to forgoing the looks to have the best of the rest. But with 04 and everyone stepping up, What do you expect the K3 folks to say not that is officially the ugliest bike of its kind on the planet.

Waht would you do....all the go , stop, and turn but with the look, or all that without....yeah, those Yamaha guys must all be squids.

But on Suzuki's behalf....The r1 has always been fairly evil handling (they all want to tank slap themselves to pieces) for a racebike and is why they have to weld in pieces from the R7 chassis. Maybe they fixed it, maybe they didnt, but wont matter for most folks since they aren't runnig in the top 5 in superbike.

They all have their quirks, but the playing fields is getting very level. But still expect brand loyal types to waive their banners even if they are all about the same.
The R1 tank slaps like a bitch because it does not have a sterring damper........They weld in a section of the R7 frame so they can use the R7 swingarm. It is much, much stronger than the stock R1 unit.

Attack Suzuki has been welding sections on GSXR1K's for years to use the R7 swingarm. Mainly because Yosh won't sell them one of theres.

I think the new R1 looks the tits, but I'm not brand loyal to anything.

JeffW, be nice.........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,295 Posts
[email protected] said:
The R1 tank slaps like a bitch because it does not have a sterring damper........They weld in a section of the R7 frame so they can use the R7 swingarm. It is much, much stronger than the stock R1 unit.

Attack Suzuki has been welding sections on GSXR1K's for years to use the R7 swingarm. Mainly because Yosh won't sell them one of theres.

I think the new R1 looks the tits, but I'm not brand loyal to anything.

JeffW, be nice.........
The R7's cradle is also stouter. But I dont not agree at all about the R1 lack of damper being the problem, rather that is a common misconception. I have had 2 R1s and both had dampers added and they still were very slap happy and needed them cranked down much farther then you do on the gsxr.

No doubt you have had some and done the same, but maybe our experiences are different.

I still like em, I've had Honda's and Kwaks....they are all good.

Doesn't change the Gix being the ugliest...and its OK to say it, other need to come clean.

If you say you have to let it 'grow on you'...then you know just how bad it looks.

Rationalizatoin is a beautiful thing. And if your happy....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I'm not quite sure what was meant by "better built". If its fit and finish I would agree, however a very good riding friend of mine is a mechanic at a large Chicago area Yamaha dealer and he says that you would'nt believe how many R1's are brought back to the dealers because of transmission problems. Im not sure that qualifies as better built; but I do agree that it sure does look good.
 
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Top