9,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend picked up a new "04" 1000RR last night
It was raining so instead of riding we put on his new can
Here's the pics
Before

During

After

Anyone have any knowledge of the effects on the bike due to removing the butterfly valve in the mid pipe?

·
Limpy McTinydick, wants to be a French Canadian
3,941 Posts
those 2 bros. pipes sound good on the 1000 rr , there are a few of them around here like that.
but you should cut the pipe down about 3-4 inches , that would make the fit look alot better than the pipe sticking way out the ass .

it looks like the honda is taking a shit at 150mph.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I know that in the '04 Gixxer 1K you have to also remove the black brown (I think. Check with Bugman) out of the ECU when you remove the set valve or you will get an FI error on the gauges. IDK if you have to do that with the RRs also.

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know that in the '04 Gixxer 1K you have to also remove the black brown (I think. Check with Bugman) out of the ECU when you remove the set valve or you will get an FI error on the gauges. IDK if you have to do that with the RRs also.
No F1 error as of yet
Thanks

·
Registered
301 Posts
That looks good man. I like the "underseat" look. Has anyone reported any problems on those new bikes about the seat getting hot with those pipes under there? Just wondering.

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He just sold his 03 600RR which had a SS 2BROS can
No complaints
They come stock with a shit load of heat shielding and what not which was ripped right the F off
Damn thing had 10 miles on it none of which he rode and we had it in pieces in less than an hour.
Heat shouldn't be a problem with the CF can

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
That looks good man. I like the "underseat" look. Has anyone reported any problems on those new bikes about the seat getting hot with those pipes under there? Just wondering.
Yamaha's aparently get pretty hot. I'd imagine that one up there is going to get pretty toasty since it looks like the stock heat shielding went bye bye with the can.

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts
nice bike!! not a fan of red though...

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I tried to talk him into a 05 1k GSXR but he is hard core honda
Plus he got it for 8500.00

·
> than you
2,593 Posts
those 2 bros. pipes sound good on the 1000 rr , there are a few of them around here like that.
but you should cut the pipe down about 3-4 inches , that would make the fit look alot better than the pipe sticking way out the ass .

it looks like the honda is taking a shit at 150mph.
Negative. If the pipe is too close to the taillight, the exhuast will discolor it to a nasty light brown color. Two Bros designed it long to get the exhaust away from the bike so owners won't have to replace their taillight lense every couple of months.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Looks out of place doesn't fit the lines of the bike too long and too low. Am I still on Gixxer.com?LOL
Don't play that shiznit...LOL
The bike is awesome bro, pipe does seem a little long though, don't know how you would get around it though without the discoloration factor...I love the sound and the slight hp advantage with Two Bro's...good on ya.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
if it were me, i would chop the can a few inches, shorten it up a bit....
bike looks good though IMO

·
Banned
1,614 Posts
I agree with slicing it down a bit. All in all, nice, clean looking bike though. My first bike was a Honda, I loved it

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Friend picked up a new "04" 1000RR last night
It was raining so instead of riding we put on his new can
Here's the pics

Anyone have any knowledge of the effects on the bike due to removing the butterfly valve in the mid pipe?
I replaced my stock system with a Micron Serpants full system and a power commander. I saved 12 Lbs with the swap, also by removing the butterfly valve in the exuast. The reason for the valve in the exhuast according to Honda helps back preasure. This may be true but the real reason for the valve is so the buike will be in EPA noise limits.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts