Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my long awaited 05 gixxer is here! I love the bike however i have a couple comments to see if anyone feels the same way about the bike. Yes, it's fast. And yes it pulls wheelies but there were a couple dislikes about the bike. The exhaust is really a problem i will be changing it soon. It sounds like a BEER can is stuffed in the tailpipe and you hear more airbox noise then anything. For a bike with so much power and speed it sounds like a kawasaki EX500 with rags stuffed in the exhaust pipe. Secondly, i can't see a dam thing behind me with the stock mirrors not that is makes a difference accept i like to be able to see the red flashing first prior to getting pulled over. You can see great to the sides, but there is noway to see anything behind you. I mean you need to turn your head around to look! I thought i would vent alittle and see if anyone else feels the same way. With regards to the bike it is fast as hell and handles ten times better then my old Gixxer.

This forum rocks !

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yea, the mirrors suck, they could have been made to be just a little wider and should have more adjustment.

All stock liter bikes are quite with the stock pipe on, and they all have a very loud intake honk, just something to get used to or shell out for a slipon.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Do you get a lot of noise from the cam chain I guess? Tappa, Tappa? This is my first GSXR, and I'm not used to it. I guess a louder exhaust would take care of this.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I can see fine through my mirrors, however at freeway speeds, due to vibrations, I can't see shit either.

I have to agree with you on the handeling. Much better than my 03 GSX-R 600.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yup the mirrors suck and when you change the exhaust it helps a ton and sounds great, I just put the Yosh full system on mine and it looks way better and sounds good too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
take a look over on motorcycle trader at the 05 1000 at ricky hendricks motors, they have a yellow and black micro pipe on it, like the look but not sure of the sound!!

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
How about that cam chain or valve noise? Is it normal or something I should look into ...

·
Registered
565 Posts
I can see fine through my mirrors, however at freeway speeds, due to vibrations, I can't see shit either.

i thought comparing handling on a 1000 to a 600 was like comparing sammy sosa to hank arron. I would think the old six would steer quicker am i wrong?

·
Registered
6,186 Posts

i thought comparing handling on a 1000 to a 600 was like comparing sammy sosa to hank arron. I would think the old six would steer quicker am i wrong?
I don't know about the old six, but to me the K5 feels like a quicker steering bike than my friends 2004 600RR.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts