Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never thought that one day I'd have to start a thread here, and it's not some people I didn't know, but I guess, never say never. Yesterday early morning something which I can't still understand happened. Witnesses said that my friend Misha lost control of his CBR954rr when going at high speed on Exposition blvd here in Los Angeles and bike hit the lighting pole. When paramedics arrived, he was pronounced dead at the scene. I still don't know the details of this accident, I don't know if he was wearing his gear, I was told he went on a short ride to dmv, which was less than 1 mile away. I really want to find out what has happened, he was a fairly experienced rider, he started from mopeds at 15, worked his way up, riding 400cc bike back at home, then cbr600f4i, and then cbr954rr which he had for 3 years here, in LA. In total, including mopeds, he was riding for almost 10 years, and did a few trackdays with Motoyard. I don't really believe he could have lost control just on his own, I can only guess if other parties were involved, like other vehicles or jaywalking pedestrians.
I saw his bike at the parking lot yesterday at 8:40am, covered, and then one hour later... even now, cover is still there, laying on the ground.
I don't know what else to say, I still can't understand this, guess I still think that me and my friends are invincible, and nothing like this can ever happen to anyone of us. RIP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts