Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding home at night and the bike was doing great. suddenly the Headlight cuts out. I pull over to troubleshoot. Shut the bike off and try to start it again and it barely turns over and won’t start. Head light is still off. waited ten minutes and tried again. Bike started but no head lights and when i tried to use the high beams they just flicker on and off at 1 second intervals. Get home and shut down. try to start again and the battery is completely dead. Fuses look good. Bike starts with a jump. any suggestions? 05 GSXR 600

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,180 Posts
You should probably start with measuring the battery voltage when the ignition is off, when it is idling and at about 5000 rpm. Are the lights (and other electrics) OEM, or have any modifications been made?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everything is stock. After doing more than the 10 minutes of research I initially did before posting this, all signs point to the starter switch. But I will try those items first. Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.