Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone have the Yoshimura TRC 1116272 exhaust pipe?
Could you please measure its length and let me know if it's 13" or 16" long?
Sent mine in for repacking and the guy is trying to tell me that mine's been cut down in size by three inches and I'll have to spend $$$ extra to have them replace the cannister and sleeve to bring it back to original.

Tire Wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Vehicle

Attachments

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
10,278 Posts
May be too late now but I'm fairly sure that they sell the packing and rivets to do it yourself. I sounds like all you need is to shorten the packing - unless the insides were butchered by whoever shortened it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
May be too late now but I'm fairly sure that they sell the packing and rivets to do it yourself. I sounds like all you need is to shorten the packing - unless the insides were butchered by whoever shortened it.
Could be. It had a rattling sound that was unrelated to the silencer.
I wasn't able to get to the inside packing though, to check out the rattling issue.
My carbon model is glued in place with more strength than they use on the aluminum models.
Couldn't separate the end caps from the can to get inside.
And with my drilled out rivets stuck inside and rattling even worse, I made the decision to send it to Yoshi.

Maybe it'll be easier if I approach it from the end that had been cut.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
10,278 Posts
I remember them having a repacking how-to video. It looked fairly straightforward and I don't remember any glue. But this was years ago. I also seem to recall that the rivets for the CF models were larger.

I have a thread here about using a R77 on my K6. Yoshimura still doesn't list it but it was very easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts